Watch: Heroic man on motorcycle saves the life of a man about to jump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/01/watch-heroic-man-on-motorcycl.html

7 Likes

I am so sorry for his loss. I know that feeling. I am heartened by this selfless display of our shared humanity. I genuinely hope he gets the help and support he needs. Thanks for this, BoingBoing.

19 Likes

I had a friend who struck and killed a man who jumped from a similar bridge outside Chicago. It affected he very badly, and I rarely saw him after that. The motorcyclist helped more than one person.

23 Likes

I can’t imagine the grief he must’ve felt, to be pushed as far as to attempt suicide and to try to flee from strangers reaching out to help. I really wish this guy the best and that he can find some peace eventually. As for the motorist and everyone else that helped they definitely did a lot of good.

12 Likes

From the title, I was expecting the motorcyclist to head up to the bridge and grab him off the rail. This was way cooler.

8 Likes

A brave soul with courage and the wherewithal to use it wisely.

9 Likes

I was hoping that other motorist who stopped would give him a hug.

I’m guessing the poor dude has a bit more going on than his mum’s death…

2 Likes

He was taken away in a police car. I’ve sure it was a happy ending. Russian police would never be thugs in uniform who’d take him well outside of town, beat him up and leave him with no shoes.

That’s a 10 hour drive to Kursk, assuming Google’s guess is accurate.

I expect they chained him to a desk and made him spend 16 hours a day typing pro-Trump stuff on social media. Because, stereotyping.:confounded:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. Generosity, kindness, attention–as you say, these are heroic.

3 Likes

The jumping guy is either under the influence, or has other mental health problems. This was probably compounded by grief for his mother. I hope he gets the help he clearly needs. Well done to the biker guy.

Faith in humanity (briefly) restored.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.