WATCH: High ranking NYPD detective abuses driver with a berserk xenophobic rant

Patrick Cherry to the white courtesy phone, please.

We would like to know how you’re enjoying your fifteen minutes of fame, sir.

3 Likes

Well, there is definitely a type of person who joins the police because they have a deep need to put their foot in someone else’s ass. I’m sure we’ve all seen cops parking wherever they want, throwing on the siren so they can run a red light, or harassing teenagers for “loitering” on a bench in a public park. It’s the “Little Hitler” syndrome, anyone can be susceptible to it, but not everyone can give you a ticket, put you in cuffs, or shoot you and get punished with “administrative leave.”

2 Likes

This is why a phone is a person’s best weapon. If the guy didn’t tape this it would have been his word against the cops. Guess all of his family will be so proud of watching him on YouTube for the rest of his life. Looks good on his resume 2…

Nope. He’s just an A hole could have handled the situation a lot better this was just the only excuse they could find to get the general public off of an already High racist police department. For a detective he sure is dumb not to have seen that camera in the back seat…

1 Like

It would depend probably on how closely I worked with the person, and how close I felt to them outside of work.

But even if I felt emotionally drained, while I might not respond as well as usual to someone pointing out a bad road habit, I don’t think I’d respond with xenophobic abuse and and threats of violence.

2 Likes

Exactly. If that’s what slips out when you’re drunk or angry, that’s how you really think about people inside your head.

1 Like

Despite what some people think, cops have feelings too

Apparently those feelings are rage.

9 Likes

The thing is, he clearly is a bad apple, but the police immediately make exuses for him.

Paraphrasing - “He has a sick friend, Under those circumstnces, you can understand how he would just start handing out tickets to every minority that looks at him wrong making xenophobic statements and trying to get a mild mannered guy to hit him.”

The system is a bad apple. He is the worm living off it.

4 Likes

Just because one is having a bad day does not mean one gets to abuse another person. This applies even more so to the police.

1 Like

It’s just a barrel of cider now.

It is interesting to see this article and the article interviewing Jon Ronson about public shaming so close together.

These are the words that tell us the most about who he is:

“Who do you think you’re talking to here?”
and
“Especially when the person you do it to are the police!”

He tells that that he is special and deserving of extra deference because he is a police officer. In my world, that merits conduct unbecoming and immediate dismissal.

38 years old?? Looks like ___

Perfect choice- I’ve not seen that in years.

“He write’s 'em in crayon.”

Despite what cops think, people have feelings too…

3 Likes

That cider has long since turned to vinegar.

1 Like

It’s a belief based in fact. Would you like some examples of how the police are not prosecuted for crimes that everyone else would be locked up for?

Highy ranked. And incredibly rank.

I support the cops generally–it’s a hard job. But what I really can’t stand is their entitlement to violate traffic laws–parking, speed, signaling whatever–that I have to obey just because they are nearby.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.