Watch: Hillary Clinton drags Trump (who tweets back) in historic speech claiming nomination

Man, politics really brings out the worst in many people.

SMH

12 Likes

I said “many,” which is true. I didn’t say everyone who disagrees with me is a misogynist, let alone a “bootlicker” or “hysterical” or a “lemming” or any of the myriad of other insults you’ve used in this and other threads today. I never called YOU any names at all.

8 Likes

The crazy thing is, once a politician gets up and does all the sappy emotional stuff, and wins, everyone else starts doing it the next time around. What you’ve seen here is the emotional politics end-game.

1 Like

Shall we bring the chill like we did with the other thread?

2 Likes

?

4 Likes

Sure; it might not help but it can’t hurt.

10 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe. For me and a lot of others, I think it’s a little different this year. I personally don’t have much less to lose. If things continue as is (under Clinton), my future is grim (I am not being hyperbolic, I am really barely getting by in ways that will directly be worsened by Clinton and/or Trump). This year seems to have really brought into focus the futility of a compromised two party system. A lot of very good people feel completely betrayed by ‘incrementalism’ and the venal Democratic party. It is not just ‘Bernie supporters’, and that assumption is not doing anyone any good. I personally have felt this way for years. What is, in my opinion, causing a lot of this animosity and frustration, is a complete lack of meaningful discussion (and intolerance of) reforming the Democratic party or starting a new progressive party. Criticism nearly always results in accusations of ‘supporting Trump’ or any other number of belittlements. I know you probably already get this, so sorry, and thanks for the reminder to keep it civil :frog:

4 Likes

No, definitely.

I understand the high stakes here, but sniping and being nasty to people here out of fear and frustration isn’t helping. It just makes it needlessly unpleasant for anyone reading the threads.

And I’m not singling you out; I’m referring to anyone who’s been doing it.

De nada.

11 Likes

Well, I may have signaled this by posting the first line of that call and response already, but that is seriously one of my favourite lyrics of all time.

ICE COLD!

That song has another genius line:

You think you got it, but got it just don’t get it 'til there’s nothing at all

Holy crap that word play on tenses!

7 Likes

You seem to have a habit of ignoring context when it suits you. Nonetheless, thanks, I will try to be more conscientious of the language I use. I don’t intend or want to hurt anybody.

1 Like

9 Likes

So Hillary “pretends” to support a higher minimum wage, whereas Donald is being honest about it?

I don’t for a second think Trump knows or cares about any policy issue, and I have no idea what he would really do in the White House, chances are he’ll just have his VP do all the work, so the real question is: where does Pence stand on any of these issues.

Hillary has spent decades in politics, this is her last move, I wouldn’t be surprised if she fights to achieve a lot of the same liberal programs Bernie wants, but she would also be pragmatic and compromise if necessary because face it-- that’s what happens in DC.

9 Likes

It is time time to bring the chill.

8 Likes

And that is a terrifying question to answer.

13 Likes

13 Likes

Incremental change brought at a glacial pace is a worthwhile endeavor. For politics it is sine qua non.

Also, chill dafuq

7 Likes

They need to bundle up their hedgie in the cold

10 Likes

11 Likes