Watch how these most adorable otters react to cherries

Originally published at: Watch how these most adorable otters react to cherries | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Sorry but “most adorable otters” is redundant. :blush:

21 Likes

After that I REALLY want to see an otter playing Three Card Monty!!!

15 Likes

Ok, I’m sold. Otters can now run the Galaxy.

16 Likes

5 Likes

oh my LORD they are so incredibly cute, but i have to worry… is that a good environment for them to live in? as pets? it doesn’t seem like they would be healthy, long-term. they need room to SWIM and catch fish!

16 Likes

Mini Jamie Hynemans

4 Likes

www.worldanimalprotection.org.in/news/cruel-pet-otter-craze-fuelled-japanese-otter-cafes-and-social-media

Boing Boing, you need to work on your wokeness. :frowning:

12 Likes

Everything I’ve read says that having otters in human environments like this isn’t really great for the animals. Plus their feces (a reality any animal guardian has to deal with) is extremely foul due to their all fish diet.

5 Likes

Why would an otter eat a cherry?

2 Likes

Otters are the squirrels of the Mustelidae; so cute (look at those little hands) and yet still need to be living in the wild.

9 Likes

Otters are truly 1000000% adorable but unless your house has a free flowing river system stocked with fish then nah, fam, you don’t get to keep them as pets.

11 Likes

It is all fun and games, unless you are a fish…

18 Likes

Pegged!

6 Likes

Yeah, let’s no do this, @Carla_Sinclair.

“Young otters are often taken from the wild while their mother is killed trying to defend her litter,” said Paul Yoxon, head of operations at the International Otter Survival Fund, a nonprofit group based in Scotland. “The fact that there are so many newborns available also suggests that traders have no concern as to whether the animals survive or not.”

11 Likes

Or shellfish.
Otter-Happily-Devours-a-Clam

7 Likes

I know contributors hate to hear the peanut gallery disparage their work, and I’ve really worked on doing it much less in the past few years, but I do have to agree with this. Sharing and spreading videos like this is exactly how more people think to themselves “I should get a cute otter as a pet.”

4 Likes

They are such clever little critters.

Even Face-huggers are no match for them.

Here is the new Marvel Cinematic Universe Thor putting on their costume.

7 Likes

Forget the Aliens vs. Predator movie, where’s the Aliens vs. Otter movie?!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, capybaras are still acceptable to keep as pets if (big if) you have the facilities to accommodate a group of the delightful creatures

2 Likes