Watch how to weaponize a small bike pump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/03/watch-how-to-weaponize-a-small.html

7 Likes

I want a mad scientist for my neighbor.

5 Likes

14 Likes

The Welrod resembled a bicycle pump when the handle/magazine was removed.

2 Likes

NOT EVERYBODY knows how I killed old Phillip Mathers, smashing his jaw in with my spade; but first it is
better to speak of my friendship with John Divney because it was he who first knocked old Mathers down by giving him a great blow in the neck with a special bicycle-pump which he manufactured himself out of a hollow iron bar

For more on weaponizing bicycle pumps (and other assorted things of interest) see Flann O’Brien’s The Third Policeman.

6 Likes

That looks like The Chaperone in Destiny

I’ve got your weaponized air pump right here:

8 Likes

TIL that a slingshot may be a pretty good self defense device for the home.

Makes me wonder if anyone has tried hijacking a plane or assasinating a president with one. Certainly seems like more of a threat than most things they confiscate at metal detectors.

I’ll take ‘This person’s watched too much No Country for Old Men’ for 100, Alex.

1 Like

I know exactly how this idea came about. Think about being several miles from home on a bicycle heading uphill, when you hear the telltale click of a dog’s claws running on the asphalt behind you…

2 Likes

I love Joerg so much. I bet he is an excellent hugger - as long as he stopped before breaking any bones. It appears that he’s dropped a few pounds since I first watched his videos. His wedding ring looks kind of loose on his finger now.

That was essentially my first thought when I read the headline. Anything can be weaponized if you swing or throw it hard enough.

But I assume the video is only interested in a very specific sort of weaponization. Namely using it as a projectile launcher.

My first thought was to use the pump to pressurize a container that would then fire a projectile, but later in the video he mentions German fire-arms laws about stored energy (I’m gonna just take his word on it) and can see how that wouldn’t work out for him.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.