Watch indicted Oath Keepers founder stuffing himself into a hidey hole in his backyard

Sometimes life is all about learning to accept the apocalyptic hellscape you HAVE instead of pining away the years waiting for the apocalyptic hellscape you WANT.

29 Likes

NOT a hobbit-hole!

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.

11 Likes

Haha. In a rental place? Wow. It isn’t your place to tear up like that.

Also, don’t take pics of your super secret hidey hole. That is like OPSEC 101.

4 Likes

Pfft, if they really want to hide, they should take advice from the masters.

also, who posted it all on social media? That’s what I don’t get.

9 Likes

Thank you for bringing me great mirth, anger, sadness and puzzlement all at the same time.
And I salute this fine specimen trying to install the Turd Reich.

5 Likes

Further evidence from BoingBoing about folks who like to burrow underground…

10 Likes

A shit hole country shit in a hole in the country.

6 Likes

Even the estimable Colin Furze has been in on the act (under the guise of content for his youtube channel)

2 Likes

Right-winger extremists - hatriots and Xtians - live in a world of fear and darkness… of their own making.

#NeverVoteRepublican
#TaxTheChurches #TaxTheRich
#EndTheFililbusterNOW
#ReformSCOTUSNow

3 Likes

He’s just lucky he didn’t cut through into the tunnels dug by the Secret Masters.

3 Likes

Dude kinda looks like a gopher. I think Yale Law isn’t sending their best.

2 Likes

Exactly. If you invest in the apocalypse, you’re betting on collapse of society and therefore contributing to it.

8 Likes

Dude, what are you, like, 12 years old???!!!

4 Likes

Pride: it’s what comes before a fall!

2 Likes

The thing that is weird to me about preppers is that they are expecting the break down of society to happen in a particular way, sort of Mad Max style or Red Dawn style, that will necessitate them being entirely independent from any other humans, will require a large cache of weapons, and will mean they need a large stockpile of food while they wait for their crops to grow in… what they don’t understand is the need for community and interdependence when a break down comes. In cases where its’ happened (I’m thinking things like Sarajevo during the war), the need to be able to depend on your neighbors was central to your survivors…

TLDR: they have a dystopian, hollywood version of societal collapse, not the reality of how our society is currently collapsing around us with community often taking the place of government actions.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

23 Likes

That reminds me-- Stewart Rhodes invoked Slobodan Milosevic in his rhetoric. TPM says Rhodes got his ideas about Serbia from Aleksandar Savic

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/aleksandar-savic-oath-keepers-jan-6

6 Likes

THIS, so much. I was musing on this the other day. Presumably at the core of the fear of ‘conservatives’ is the loss of values and old-fashion community, etc., etc. However, every one of their actions seems to contradict this - being hateful to others, not vaccinating, creating a self-centered defense/hideout, destroying society as a whole, etc. They’re literally tearing the fabric of their own society apart, facilitating the death of their elders, and turning inward (but without the tools needed to actually BE self-sufficient). I’m pondering writing an opinion piece on this for the local rag and titling it “The South Will Not Rise Again”, but it’d have to be anon or I’d get my house burned down.

17 Likes

Right? I think it’s because they want the progress we’ve made to implode so that they can JUSTIFY going after the people they don’t like and believe should be eliminated from American society by violence.

Yep. I think it was Slavoj Zizek who said that we can’t imagine an alternative to capitalism, so we can only envision it’s ultimate collapse…

13 Likes

(Side note: I saw a documentary about that in Dallas – a weekday showing at The Inwood – way back in 1990. The film’s editor was, of all people, Rev. Ivan Stang.)

5 Likes

Sometimes with really horrible consequences (maybe consider that a CW).

5 Likes