Watch Jared Kushner evade UK journalist's repeated (and repeated) question about Trump's hoarding of top secret documents

“Duplicitous” might be generous since it suggests a capacity for double-dealing and deception that Jared doesn’t really possess.

3 Likes

I got 3 words for Jared: Israeli. Nuclear. Secrets.

9 Likes

This is what passed for a “senior advisor”. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

He’s a kapo

2 Likes

But did he, really? I find it hard to believe he has that ability (even to churn out an awful book)

7 Likes

First: I think it’s Mar-a-Lago
Second: “I don’t know what he did or what he didn’t take,” Kushner told host Kay Burley.

3 Likes

Kind of what Newsnight’s Jeremy Paxman did to Home Secretary, Michael Howard back in the 1990s:

7 Likes

So, against my better judgement I watched some of the video.

All I can say is “uncanny valley.”

6 Likes

Reminds me of Pinnochio.

4 Likes

And it’s also wrong. There’s no work involved, nothing for Trump to fill out, sign or otherwise do besides possibly read (ha!), and nothing that applies to his current position of Not The President.

eta: After years of eforms and contact management, “paperwork” is an action item. It doesn’t just sit in boxes, it goes to someone, it’s processed in some way, and then it goes on to someone else.

Oh… Okay, maybe it is paperwork.

6 Likes

Yet Pinnochio eventually turned into a real boy. Jared ain’t there.

6 Likes

Nor did he make deals with murderous tyrants.

4 Likes

Just for a second it looked like his skinsuit was about to slip and reveal his true reptoid form.

7 Likes

Wow. That’s him exactly. Nice.

7 Likes

I see what you did there. :wink:

Also, it sounds like his legal team is going to take the tack of, “well, you can’t prove he let anyone else see these documents,” as a defense. It reminds me of how they slithered past the emoluments clause against all logical reason with his DC hotel and other family business dealings while in office.
As a former (very low level, not nuclear-related) contractor to the DOE, we were held to higher standards. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

If they do, I’d love a court scene where the government attorney slams a folder down and says “Aha! We recovered this from Country Z, and it tracks directly back to the copy Trump had. We never mentioned this before because it was irrelevant to the search warrant for Mar-a-Lago.”

Except that this isn’t Matlock, or Perry Mason, and they’d have to submit the evidence to the court first, and give opposing counsel time to review it. Dang, what’s the drama in that?

11 Likes

I thought the main charge was “not returning documents when requested”

5 Likes

6 Likes

woken class mode…

1 Like

Right, I’m pretty sure that’s it. And it’s pretty cut and dried, they have the records to show the Feds requested the documents and went through proper channels and were obstructed by TFG’s team.
I’m guessing, though, based on statements and the interview, that TFG’s defense strategy is going to be that nothing was compromised so it’s all just a paperwork mix up. They’ll move the goal posts. And do a lot of work in the “trial of public opinion” arena.
Just a hypothesis, and IANAL.

8 Likes