Watch: Karen doesn't like comedian's jokes so she gets right on stage to tell him so

Yes! And she rolls her shoulders and eyes in that “oh, come on” exasperated manner that anyone would dare to label her a “Karen”; meaning she’s familiar enough with the term that she SHOULD be aware that thinking she could get up on the stage in the middle of a set and complain in a self-righteously indignant way would totally get her labeled a “Karen”; and yet she’s still oblivious enough and lacking in self-awareness to think that it could ever be applied to her.

7 Likes

I have to admit, I’ve not been to a ton of comedy shows, large or small venues. I’ve seen a heckler once or twice, but I have never seen someone just get on the stage. That’s a new one.

4 Likes

This. Very This. I couldn’t possibly care less re: karens’ and tuckers’ opinions. Just because someone’s convinced they’re the be-all and end-all of cultural/literary/performing arts criticism doesn’t make it true.

6 Likes

Karen response: “Because nobody wants to work and they choose to stay home and collect pandemic checks.”

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

13 Likes

Karen should have stood her ground–now that would have been funny. Karen is not even worthy of her calling and needs to re-inflate because she simply gave up too easily.

1 Like

Yes, she certainly should have asked to see the manager.

3 Likes

Why this sensitive soul even ventures out to comedy shows in the first place remains a mystery.

My guess is buy one, get one free Groupons.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.