Watch: Karen doesn't like comedian's jokes so she gets right on stage to tell him so

Originally published at: Watch: Karen doesn't like comedian's jokes so she gets right on stage to tell him so | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Where oh where is the roid rage bouncer when you need one?

20 Likes

Things turned out very differently than the last “climbing on stage” story posted here.

32 Likes

Wowsa. Look comedy is subjective, and not every bit lands, and indeed comics and lose the crowd and bomb. Hell, maybe some jokes were crossing the edge. But one person not liking a bit and feeling the need to get on stage?? You need to either be ok that some jokes aren’t for you and/or leave. Disrupting a whole show because you disapprove? Come on.

28 Likes

It’s cancel culture gone mad!
</sarcasm>

18 Likes

Alcohol was a factor?

2 Likes

She clearly had not had enough. Loosen up, lady!

26 Likes

Geez Louise! Offended white people have really jumped the shark.

I miss the good ol days when Karen’s would just get up in a huff and berate an underpaid teen with no authority over an establishment’s lack of morals/decency/double coupons.

17 Likes

Next up: Karens with guns.

8 Likes

No sex please, we’re Karens.

25 Likes

Moth: meet flame!

3 Likes

I love at the end when the comic says “Bye Karen!”, she turns back and throws her arms up in frustration and says “I’m not a Karen” with a sense of resignation.

20 Likes

“If you find yourself saying ‘Im not a Karen’, you might be a Karen.”

31 Likes

Right? They were exceedingly polite in my experience.

3 Likes

We saw Doug Stanhope in the basement of a bar many years ago in Toronto before he got famous, not that he’s all that famous now.

His very first joke caused quite a number of people to walk out. He said good now I know who my people are.

It went downhill from there but holy crap was it funny if you can laugh at anything. You almost felt guilty laughing.

The club was at the end of one of the subway lines in not the best neighbourhood, we stumbled on it completely by accident and were just looking for a burger and fries. Turned out to be a good night and neither one of us can remeber the name of the joint.

12 Likes

Why this sensitive soul even ventures out to comedy shows in the first place remains a mystery.

Perhaps we was talked into it after some minor exposure the comedian in question?

I mean, that was what happened too my wife and me some 5 years ago and we dearly suffered. But like sensible people, we just left during a break and spend the rest of the time in a nearby park…

4 Likes

I checked out some of his stuff on YouTube, maybe she was upset because he wasn’t funny.

6 Likes

Well, this is what happens when you let idiots get away with “My dumb opinion is important and must be heard!” for to long.
MSPSA - Make Stupid People Shut up Again.

10 Likes

Here’s your sign:

12 Likes

Fair point. But then one can just walk out.

8 Likes