Watch Katee Sackhoff eat candy

What does this have to do with Battlestar Galactica?

She’s just delightful. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

There was a forgotten chalkboard (seriously with like …chalk) in an old lab i had to do a rotation through (grad school). It had a candy bar translation matrix on it from postdocs from all over the world. How i wish i had photographed it! before they renovated. However, from that we learned: US:snickers == UK:mars and US:M&Ms == Canada:smarties. What we could never figure out was what was a US:mars (bar) in the UK. Closest we could come was some rapid Scottish diatribe that they would never sell such a boogl-dast-felongy-bitta-mecch …?

Katee waas in BSG, I mentioned it in comment one. Others followed down. Here we are. Welcome to rabbit trails.

1 Like

Quit right now. Seriously. Or at the least when you get to the point where you are saying WTF, don’t fall for the “hints” that it is going to get better again. Just quit while you are ahead.

1 Like

As far as I know, Mars Bars are Mars Bars the whole solar system over.

It can’t be worse than Galactica 1980, right?

1 Like

well

2 Likes

1 Like

We rewatched BSG early in lockdown and we ummed and ahhed about whether we should bother with the final season. In the end we applied the “in for a penny” heuristic. It was the right decision, but what a dog’s breakfast.

2 Likes

He (or his team) kind of does the same thing in the series he develops: in BSG reboot and Outlander, he does some fabulous worldbuilding then, just runs out of steam, starts throwing plot arcs/cliffhangers in directions that are unsustainable and never explained.

2 Likes

Wow. I hadn’t made that connection. I loved BSG (in totality, despite above comments about it patchiness), and while I lost interest in Outlander after the first season it still left a positive impression.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.