Watch Kellyanne Conway’s excruciating stand-up routine from the ’90s

is it “only” Peter or more gendered? (honest question, I know only my side of the whole story)

She’s about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.

2 Likes

Interesting question. The Peter Principle is that people rise to the level of their incompetence, because if they can handle something, they get promoted to a position they can’t handle. What @ChickieD was describing is where the least competent person rises to the top. I have noticed this too, but differently. IME, it’s the people who rush into things without giving them any thought who get promoted, because it shows leadership and enthusiasm and managers like to hear “yes sir”, not “yes sir, if” or “yes sir, but”. So yes men get promoted but are rash actors and shallow thinkers. Yes women do as well, but with sexism magnifying the problem and also favoring more classically attractive women.

5 Likes

Truth be told, that would be funny. It’s like, I’m on a battleship, and there’s this random screen door. If I were sleep deprived and high, I’d think that was the funniest thing ever.

2 Likes

I have to believe some upstanding sailor who’s a Back to the Future fan has installed one on some ship in some navy. Otherwise, why are we paying taxes?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Such an act of determined whimsy would please me to no end…

2 Likes

On the USS Texas BB-35, via imgur.

http://imgur.com/gallery/dAtjHH6

7 Likes

I’ll take it!

4 Likes

6 Likes

I think that they pick out a few women to promote so they don’t look totally sexist.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.