Watch kids eat 100 years of sandwiches

100 years of sandwiches in one sitting?

That can’t be good for the waistline.

6 Likes

Bánh mì was “popularized” before pastrami on rye? Maybe in Vietnam.

Also shredded lettuce does not belong in a gyro.

5 Likes

5 Likes

none of this makes any sense to me

5 Likes

-the linked BBS forum has everyone’s favorite argument of ketchup on hotdogs, which I enjoy.
-Some people like relish or pickles on their hotdog/burgers/sandwiches. I like neither, nor do I like them on anything.
-The standard Chik-fil-a chicken sandwich comes with pickles, I request it without. I also pour honey on my chicken sandwiches as my condiment of choice.

The point is I don’t care exactly how you make your sandwiches, nor should anyone really. You can say things are non-traditional, but does it even matter? I mean look at this wikipedia link on the reuben:

That alone has 6 variations that are termed reubens but are really just different meats and condiments on rye…
As long as it tastes good to you it shouldn’t really matter.

3 Likes

As a side note, my fathers favorite meal is leaf lettuce and black eye peas with about a 1/4 cup of Blue Plate mayo mixed in. (He also puts mayo on stewed potatoes as well…)

2 Likes

A Reuben is corned beef, Russian dressing, sauerkraut, and swiss on rye. As Wikipedia notes, everything else is a variation with its own individual name, in the same way that a cheeseburger is not a hamburger, a sandwich of turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato is not a BLT, and a glass of cold vodka with an olive in it isn’t a martini.

6 Likes

I know this is extremely whitebread of me, but a sandwich just isn’t a sandwich without Miracle Whip.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am not very playful (just ask my kids), but even I know when a thread is filled with playful taunts and teasings by people who actually like each other just fine, thankyouverymuch.

3 Likes

OK, you can leave…right now, Mister!

3 Likes

Miracle Whip was the only mayo I knew as a kid. Quite literally: my parents called it “mayo” and we rarely ate out, so I thought all mayonnaise was tangy and sweet. I had quite a shock when I went to college.

3 Likes

No one has commented on that Ramen Noodle Bun?

WTF

2 Likes

I’ve heard of that, but haven’t had the opportunity to eat one. I’d try it! But it does sound weird. Like, is it . . . ■■■■■?

1 Like

A simple search tells me it is a thing… but how did I miss it?

I spend entirely too much time on the interwebs, but I had never heard of such a thing

Guess I’d best try it before the gluten intolerant one comes home

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.