Watch live as Christine Blasey Ford testifies at the Brett Kavanaugh hearing

I’ve been in the middle of a mild midlife crisis and binge watching Three’s Company. Seriously, I will have to revisit Night Court next.

6 Likes

Because if the Democrats had a Senate majority right now the FBI would be investigating this guy and the hearings would be draggggggggggggged out. Even if one of the components of that majority was Manchin.

9 Likes

They should rate him as unqualified until this is completed.

“ “The basic principles that underscore the Senate’s constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI,” said Robert Carlson, president of the organization, in a Thursday night letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein.

“Each appointment to our nation’s Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote,” Carlson wrote. “Deciding to proceed without conducting additional investigation would not only have a lasting impact on the Senate’s reputation, but it will also negatively affect the great trust necessary for the American people to have in the Supreme Court.”

17 Likes

I liked the bit about how they all sat around with the old man at Christmas listening to good 'ol dad tell tales of his youth based on the diaries.

“Hey, Dad, talk us through March 1953 again! That’s always a good one”.

Christmas must have been so much fun.

10 Likes

That, and while Manchin votes with the GOP much more than other Democrats, he still supports them much less than the most “moderate” Republicans like Collins.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Seriously doubt Huckleberry will stand by his pronouncement now.

11 Likes

Maybe not an axe murderer, but at this point, would anyone be surprised about an emerging dead sex worker story?

7 Likes

If it didn’t have such cool connotations, I’d want to call them the “purple haze” party.

Indeed. He sounded like almost every top of the heap, I peaked in HS playing lots of sports and being king of the playground type I’ve ever met.

15 Likes

The stunning thing here is that it is said that trying times reveal who we are. Trying times bring out the best and worst of us. Trying times reveal our inner self.

Brett Kavanaugh just showed us exactly who he is. He opened yesterday’s session with a tantrum. He displayed the exact same emotional range as a toddler pitching a fit. He raged and seethed, and lost control of his emotions. He displayed zero empathy for anyone save for himself, zero composure, zero compassion, zero restraint. When all else failed he blamed a swathing conspiracy, a “witch hunt”, and vowed revenge.

Brett Kavanaugh just showed everyone exactly who he is: A petulant child throwing a temper tantrum at the notion he isn’t going to get his way.

22 Likes

Jeff Flake’s friend in the Senate got emotional when he heard he’s voting yes

From CNN’s Sunlen Serfaty and Elizabeth Landers

Democratic Sen. Chris Coons was just informed of Sen. Jeff Flake’s intended yes vote as he was going into the Judiciary Committee.

His first response was: “Oh f–k”

He got very emotional and was silent for a few seconds. “I deeply respect…” he started. Then he paused.

“We each make choices for our own reason. I’m struggling, sorry.”

Flake is a fucking prick once again. Predictably.

Watch Flake get confronted while in an elevator. The prick can’t even look the women in the eyes.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

18 Likes

Flake. What a spineless fuck.

I’ve been feeling sick over all of this for the last 24 hours, and it just keeps getting worse.

18 Likes

Well, if following in McCain’s footsteps is how Flake wants to leave the Senate, he’s doing it exactly as McCain would - talk like a “maverick,” vote with your shitty party. Every. Time.

17 Likes

They hate women?

17 Likes

Unfortunately while that may be true for some…it’s not the only truth there.

I suspect for the majority of them it is simply lack of empathy or care for others. Regardless of gender, religion, race, nationality, etc. They are their for their own gratification and sense of self worth. They will do anything to protect their own position.

This is why VOTING is the only way to stop this madness.

1 Like

I full well realize that Kavanaugh’s performance, people are going to see what they want to see. Reading the emotions and intents of other people is very subjective. And indeed people have seen genuine pain and frustration in it, some people have seen emotional immaturity.

That said, I thought it was a half assed performance. Unconvincing tears, unconvincing anger. A show he had to put on to get his dream job, and one that had the feel of something that was rehearsed in a mirror.

8 Likes

So, he wasn’t swayed by uncontrollable emotion, but rather made a conscious decision to throw a temper tantrum.

Is that better or worse?

4 Likes

I was suspecting he’s been doing that regularly throughout his life.

But then I realized that it’s very likely that like Trump and other entitled shits, he’s so used to lying that he long ago stopped needing to rehearse.

10 Likes

Congratulations, you gutless coward. Your legacy will be a prominent footnote entry in the history of the destruction of liberal democracy and justice in the U.S.

9 Likes