Watch: MAGA folks now against Fox, getting all their facts from Tucker Carlson, Trump and Jesus

Originally published at: Watch: MAGA folks now against Fox, getting all their facts from Tucker Carlson, Trump and Jesus | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Fixed it…

28 Likes

Willfully ignorant people are willfully ignorant. Film after the jump…

28 Likes

Steve Rogers Fans: John Walker is clearly unworthy to fill the role of Captain America!

MAGA Guy: Hold my beer!

22 Likes

58 Likes

“Although adamant about ‘thinking for yourself’ and not being a sheep, most get their facts not by reading the constitution, not by reading a newspaper, not by reading anything at all or even thinking, for that matter, but relying solely on what Donald Trump tells them.”

This is the base hypocrisy of MAGA and their ilk, they claim to “do their own research” and “think for themselves” but in reality they start with preconceived ideas and beliefs and shut off all sources of information that don’t conform to those preconceived ideas and beliefs. Which…you know…is not how any of this works.

34 Likes

This gives some context to Lachlan Murdoch’s decision to back Tucker Carlson. News Corp needs to give a primetime slot to a money-losing white supremacist if it wants to hold on to that precious Know-Nothing 27% demographic.

20 Likes

What happened to JORDAN Klepper?

6 Likes

Interesting that white supremacist Tucker Carlson features so prominently in “trusted” sources, despite his lawyers arguing he’s not hosting a news show and his statements shouldn’t be taken as statements of fact. It’s all about hearing what they want to hear, and what they want to hear is racism.

“I know I’m doing my own research and thinking for myself because Tucker told me so!”

What’s up with that t-shirt? It’s like the “thin blue line” flag, but with a red line? What fresh (fascist symbolism) hell is this?

13 Likes

He really is amazing about getting people to say X and Not X in the same sentence.

Although, to be fair, given enough time and power of the edit, you can pretty much do that on any issue by just interviewing random people on the sidewalk.

It’s just that he’s doing it with people about to commit treason and break into the Capitol buildling.

2 Likes

24 Likes

The thin red line is for firefighters, though I’m not clear as to why they believe they need one.

8 Likes

there was a MAGA dude on my street that had a “red line flag” in his yard. across the street from him, bigger MAGA bro flew blue line and trump flags. what I could gather from this gentleman was the idea that the red line flag showed support for fire fighters, specifically FDNY 9/11 responders (there are a lot of New York transplants in South Florida).
:man_shrugging:
ETA: @endjinn also got that, though again, I believe it has to do with FDNY responders on 9/11

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s Jordan Klepper right? He used to be my favorite member of the Wu Tang Clan.

(Apparently this video is not available any more - what a shame!)

That’s some confusing symbolism right there considering the phrase “The Thin Blue Line” was itself originally adopted as an allusion to “The Thin Red Line” from the Crimean War.

12 Likes

Here’s the breakdown.

10 Likes

That monstrosity is why you should never allow a straight person to design a rainbow flag.

31 Likes

No teachers, nurses, sanitation workers, etc. EMS barely makes the cut, probably because they get snappy uniforms. Fascists don’t hide their priorities.

20 Likes

Why isn’t there a stripe for support animals?!? /s

(I may just make a version with a dalmatian spotted line, post it out there, and check in a few months later to see how many Etsy shops are selling it.)

10 Likes

Possibly because teachers, healthcare professionals, sanitation workers etc. don’t see themselves as “holding a line” against some kind of undesirable “others.”

17 Likes