Watch: Maskless man pushed off a train by angry passengers

My experience has been that most folks who genuinely can’t wear a mask (whatever that looks like) will at least use a face shield.

Not a perfect solution, but it’s better than nothing.

6 Likes

The Hong Kong subway, and probably some others, has markings on the floor where entering passengers are supposed to wait to the side to let exiting passengers leave the train.

9 Likes

I’m rather surprised that up to now, on the Paris public transit system all I have had to do is look at someone not wearing a mask for 10 seconds or so before they put one on. In other cases, I’ve seen passengers ask the non-mask-wearer to put their mask on and in every single instance the person has apologized and complied. I had fully expected refusal to wear a mask to either be de-facto accepted or to result in passengers taking matters into their own hands like in this video. So far, I have seen neither.

5 Likes

I’m incredibly curious now about the particular situations that inspire such picante language. Paella recipe arguments? :grin:

2 Likes

That’s how BART is set up as well.

It’s a pretty standard rule of public transit in general that the passengers who are already on the conveyance should be allowed to de-board before new passengers get on.

11 Likes

I’m sorry, it’s been a few years since I was conversational in spanish, but is that what I think it says?

2 Likes

If a mask legitimately hinders your breathing dangeously, then you really have no business in a gym. If a paper mask obstructs your breathing, imagine how bad a quarter mile of cardio would suffocate you.

Also, you can easily get masks that tie behind the head, no ears necessary.

I actually prefer them because I have sensitive ears myself.

Sucks he got so badly burned. That’s the cost of American military adventurism for you.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.