Watch: Matt Gaetz and Steve Bannon plan a GOP takeover with "4,000 shock troops"

Gaetz knows his buddy Greenberg is singing like a canary. Gaetz knows he is doomed. Gaetz is desperate. Periodt.

4 Likes

So even they are openly admitting that what they want is not a government of laws or ideals but a government based around one man.

I can’t recall any Democrats declaring their intention to impose a government based on “Clintonism” or “Obamaism” or “Bidenism.”

18 Likes

I’m sure that if I released a podcast discussing how to forcefully overthrow the US government, I’d be hearing from the FBI and treated as a potential terrorist.

What sort of force-field do these assholes have that I don’t? Why doesn’t this sort of talk automatically get them smushed?

21 Likes

christ, what a bunch of assholes

8 Likes

You know, I’m a big fan of free speech and all that. While I no longer live there, I believe in the First Amendment. But these seditious motherfuckers are getting awfully close to the “shouting fire in a crowded theater” test.

5 Likes

Well, they still haven’t yet suffered any real consequences for the first one, so there’s not much there to deter them. Bannon’s, what, about to be tried for contempt and he’s still yapping. Maybe he just really wants to go to jail so he can lose weight and do tons of yoga in a supervised setting.

5 Likes

Have the MAGA-heads fogotten WWII, the war fought because of useful idiots like themselves deciding to follow a “strongman” instead of tackling their societal and economic problems head on? That their fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers died for, suffered life-altering injuries for, travelled to distant strange and miserable places for? Were killed for?
</rhetorical>

7 Likes

It’s like the insurrection is being led by some third-rate consulting firm rejects.

4 Likes

No. America is fine with insurrections, as long as they’re fascists.

2 Likes

Too late. Citizens United already happened years ago. American democracy has been over quite a while. That’s one reason why everything is rapidly accelerating instead of just drifting down the shitter.

7 Likes

It would be so sweet if in a month or so people were saying things like “I haven’t heard anything from Gaetz or Bannon. It’s like they fell off the world or something.” Meanwhile your cousin who works at some bunch of initials government job shows back up in town with a nice tan and chuckles a lot when you ask him where he’s been.

3 Likes

While I fear that you are correct, I still hold out hope that we can expose the fascists while we still have a chance to stop them. Their overconfidence may be their undoing. Exposure, ridicule and resistance are hopefully the tools to stomp them out. these clowns have turned authoritarian fascism into a religion. This was just posted on the Praying Medic’s site. Posted here as an example. Please delete if it is too offensive but these people are serious and honestly believe that they are following God’s will

1 Like

Fascism will never be defeated as long as capitalism is allowed to interface with power.

5 Likes

While I agree with your point, the immediate danger comes from religion.

Disagree. The vast majority of Trump’s supporters are all about cultish loyalty to him personally, and he has consistently demonstrated little knowledge of or interest in Christianity or any other religion despite his lip service to the Evangelicals and willingness to do a 180 on abortion to win their votes. Trump has far more in common with Joseph Stalin than he does with Martin Luther or Muhammad or any other religious revolutionary.

7 Likes

Then there should be no problem proving their guilt in a fair trial.

1 Like

Plus, a significant number were fighting against an ideology that these fuckwits are openly supporting, an extremist right-wing neo-Nazism.
It’s about time that people started to push a counter-argument that the grandparents of these people suffered and died to destroy what these scumbags are trying to build. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Just planning the fascist coup right out in the open, totally normal America.

It’s the same one. It didn’t end, it just shifted focus.

They’re not looking to go up against the National Guard (et al) - they’re waiting for the moment when the National Guard (etc.) won’t be opposing them (because Trump or someone similar is back in power), and their reign of terror will be against the civil servants trying to keep democracy going.

2 Likes

trump wouldn’t control the National Guard. That’s the point of the NG. Of course, the DC NG is probably a bad example because of the conflicting upper level command structure, but still; there is a very large army that I have no doubts will wipe them off the face of the earth. None of these fools have their allegiance.

1 Like

Well, as commander in chief he kind of does, and that’s enough - they don’t have to be “on his side,” they just have to not interfere. The Republicans have spent the last five years setting the stage where opposing their fascist coup gets presented as “playing politics” (that the Pentagon doesn’t want to be seen as doing). Though we certainly saw the Pentagon willing to go along with pretty outrageous uses of the guard in Trump’s demands that they “bash heads” in DC to clear protesters and do things that would have been violations of international law if they’d happened in a war zone (e.g. using medical helicopters as weapons).

1 Like