Watch: Matt Gaetz and Steve Bannon plan a GOP takeover with "4,000 shock troops"

Sure, but they are also really continuing to plan a coup in broad daylight… Both things are true.

3 Likes

That was the US Park Police. He deputized them specifically because he was getting pushback from the NG and regular military leadership and needed some willing goons. This is just one instance of military leadership shielding their troops and refusing direct orders.

My point is that a wise fascist begins by recruiting a private, but politically legitimized army, or by leading the federal military, then seizing political power. These idiots seem to think that simply being installed in office will give them blind loyalty and that the 1.4 million Americans who are currently serving in the military are just going to roll over for this turd. 4,000 ain’t gonna cut it. Hell, 40,000 won’t.

5 Likes

If it said Gaetz wanted to seize power with shocked troups, I’d be down with manning the electrodes.

1 Like

Maybe not. That’s probably one of his kinks.

2 Likes

Welp, back to the unemployment line…

2 Likes

It was also the National Guard. The military weakly resisted Trump, but still gave him a lot of what he wanted - Milley may have felt bad about giving into Trump’s demands afterwards, but he still crossed lines at the time in order to do so, because that’s the instinct. So I’d say Trumpists are pretty justified, frankly, in feeling good about the possibility that they could get away with even more the next time - they learned a lot about how far they could go before there was any pushback (quite far) and who would need to be replaced to have even that resistance removed… They don’t need the military’s blind loyalty - a conflicted military is just as good, as they just need them to not intervene (and why would they do otherwise, if the president and red state governors have them stand down?).

3 Likes

Jan 06 was just a test.

3 Likes

One of many, really. The final exam after four years of tests.

3 Likes

And ammo is being stockpiled, and body armor is being purchased, and magazines are being loaded…

2 Likes

You know Mattie and Steven think Joseph McCarthy was a great senator and think Democrats and communists are the same thing, but I think Joseph would have put their government-overthrowing-asses in prison first thing Monday morning. And all that anti-FBI talk (not that i think the FBI is worth much) would have put them in the cross hairs of the Feds famous crossdressing leader.

1 Like

… not that there’s anything wrong with that

1 Like

Literally just saw this ad on this post. Not totally surprising as I’m sure advertising is based on keywords in the article. But dang…

3 Likes

I’m thinking that people thought it sounded “cool”, but were puzzled by what it might have meant in the first place.,

Max Gaetz represents a clear epistemological threat to this nation.

4 Likes

The spot price of 1/4 ounce of gold is 445 dollars, so…

2 Likes

Shock troops because they’ll need a semi full of defibrilators to keep their crack army from dying after running 200 meters…

1 Like

Oh I’m not surprised by people trying to scam gullible trump supporters. Just that it showed up on boingboing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.