Watch: Matt Gaetz says he will "take power" after 2022 election

Originally published at: Watch: Matt Gaetz says he will "take power" after 2022 election | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’ve seen enough Batman stuff to know these kinds of supervillain team-ups never last. Sooner or later the Penguin gets a little too greedy or Catwoman makes the Riddler jealous just before Joker stabs everyone else in the back.

63 Likes

It’s a demented statement soaked with fascism and political violence and show trials and torture. However, keep in mind that approx. 27% of the country hears it and cheer it on.

46 Likes

“It’s going to be the days of Jim Jordan and Marjorie Taylor Greene and Dr. [Paul] Gosar and myself doing everything to get the answers to these questions.”

What questions? Like, where were these folks on January 5? Giving tours to rebel troops? How come Louie Gohmert isn’t on your list, Matt?

19 Likes

This is a little off-topic, but what’s wrong with that guy’s head? At first I thought I was just seeing photos taken from too close to his forehead (making it look more like a five-head, at least), but I’m realizing now that he’s presenting what a clinical professional would call a “huge swollen noggin”.

9 Likes

Every one of them will be voting. The frightening part is that they may win.

14 Likes

It’s all the piss up there.

8 Likes

Looks to me like he just made the PERFECT campaign video for every Democrat out there running in 2022.

10 Likes

Whenif the gQp takes over congress in '22 it’s going to be one big shit storm for the US.

shit storm privy

19 Likes

no real subpoenas

Oh, there might be some subpoenas in 2022, alright, but not the kind he is thinking about…

7 Likes

They can’t even get to the “team up” part without tearing each other apart.

2 Likes

Let’s hope that infighting does fragment the crazies. Unfortunately the glue that holds them together is complete unconditional worship of their God Emperor Trump.

6 Likes

May his glue dissolve promptly.

Or just lock him up. I’ll take either one.

9 Likes

I believe “you lie” is leaving Congress to try to run for Texas AG

7 Likes

Why are they waiting to arrest and charge him? I thought he was super toasted when we heard about his crimes. He needs to be in jail (along with his co-conspirators).

13 Likes

I see now why Gaetz pays for sex, with children.

4 Likes

4 reasons. Rich, powerful, Republican and white.

14 Likes

For the underage woman thing? They probably don’t have enough to charge and convict him. News reports have said the woman isn’t cooperating, and his buddy rolling over on him to shorten his own sentence isn’t going to be enough. I’m deeply afraid he’s going to skate on that one.

Now, the 1/6 thing is another story, but he might skate there too. The Select Committee really seems to be mismanaging that pretty impressively.

The only thing left is being a moron, and that isn’t a crime. And his constituents don’t seem to have a problem with it.

5 Likes

jon-stewart-what-is-corruption

3 Likes

5 Likes