Watch: As Sean Spicer, Melissa McCarthy drives a podium through New York traffic

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/12/watch-melissa-mccarthy-drives.html

11 Likes

20 Likes

This character is going to be legend in the annals of Saturday Night Live.

28 Likes

I wish they would just agree to stick to parodying public figures and not even bother trying to create their own characters.

6 Likes

Spicer is the first WH press secretary anyone will remember, and mostly they’ll remember Melissa McCarthy when they picture him. I have no sympathy, just popcorn. :smiling_imp:

29 Likes

Kind of the way that when many people recall the mannerisms of Bush, what they actually recall is Dana Carvey’s impression of him.

16 Likes

I have a feeling that this will be the last official sighting of Sean Spicer.

3 Likes

He was seen heading for the bushes.

12 Likes

Looks like a lectern to me.

8 Likes

Remember Jim Brady? His organization did good things in regards to gun control that may have saved the lives of thousands. His wife Sarah worked hard at that as well. Jim had a funny sense of humor even when he could no longer speak, Not to be Debbie Downer here but he would of thought Melissa’s parody of Spicer was funny and probably would have laughed hard.

14 Likes

I meant more along the lines of average Joe in the street being able to recognize him, but yeah, we’ve had non-clown PresSecs.

3 Likes

does that beat skateboarding up a building somehow

Remember how Gerald Ford was always falling down, because Chevy Chase?

9 Likes

Or Tina Fey’s Sarah Palin

11 Likes

Dan Aykroyd as…wait…Nixon, Carter, and Dole…did I miss anybody?

3 Likes

I think that may be the greatest Presidential impersonation of all time, if for no other reason than that Chase made no attempt to look, sound, or act like Ford at all. He just fell down a lot, something Ford never actually did. He stumbled once, I think, getting off a plane or something, and now all anyone knows about Ford is that he pardoned Nixon and he was clumsy.

6 Likes

Let’s not forget Bill Moyers.

1 Like

I, for one, won’t forget Akroyd’s promise of a “lusty, zesty kind of president”. Or how he handled the Pepsi Syndrome. Or as Nixon how he’d pronounce “pray-si-dent”, which Nixon never did. Then again, I’m an old fart.

3 Likes

Year of birth? Mine’s 1964.

2 Likes

[quote]danimagoo said:
He just fell down a lot, something Ford never actually did. He stumbled once, I think, getting off a plane or something, and now all anyone knows about Ford is that he pardoned Nixon and he was clumsy.[/quote]
And, IIRC, SNL never dressed Chevy in a football jersey for any of those skits… Ford was a standout player for UoM, playing center, linebacker, and long snapper for the 1932 & 1934 undefeated and national-title-winning Wolverines. Pbly not all that clumsy.

3 Likes