Watch Michael Flynn's bizarre rant that Covid was a lie to steal the election and "gain control of society"

It’s possible that Mr. Flynn is one of those “even war can’t teach Americans geography” cases.

6 Likes

I believe he was also quoted… “and it’s not wrong if we do it.”

3 Likes

Except that, despite the majority of people taking precautions, many others didn’t and the results are clear to see across Europe, Asia, especially India (who also have a right-wing populist/Nationalist leader), and South America; here in the U.K. we had many thousands of deaths from Covid.

5 Likes

Something something protecting the unborn or pre-born but not the post-born something blah blah blah.

Mental gymnastics skills of the IOKIYAR-set sure seem pretty highly developed.

Either that or we are getting our show-and-tell from that 1-2% of the human population who has A Very Particular Set of Skills.

5 Likes

or? I have no reason not to believe both from any number of GOP.

3 Likes

Why do I think it’s HIGHLY unlikely that he’s been taking HQC since 1991

1 Like

I personally know people who died of covid. So covid is definitely real. And if it was introduced to try to control society, it hasn’t done a good job. The riots, burning buildings, curfews, etc in my city of Minneapolis were not particularly controlled society. Also, it seems across the board society is more unstable and radicalized than it was before covid. So the theory is pretty much garbage, Flynn.

13 Likes

Comrade, your payment at the dead drop is secured.

3 Likes

Yeah, me neither. This shit isn’t going anywhere, though. They can swap out individual clowns, but the circus goes on, and the bleachers are packed.

3 Likes

Anybody remember Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper from Dr. Strangelove? See any similarities here? Well, beyond the fact that Flynn somehow got promoted above a mere one-star.

11 Likes

At least as long as Trump is around, Flynn will perform this tap dance as payment for the pardon.

1 Like

drinking gin and tonics doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Methinks India and Brazil (among others) would beg to differ.

1 Like

such as Flynn’s brother, who was part of the slow-walking response on Jan. 6

6 Likes

why-not-both

3 Likes

and this is my truth, but what I believe,

Doesn’t that say it all? If I claim to “believe” something, no matter how stupid, it is somehow valid.

5 Likes

Ripper’s calm explication to Mandrake in “Strangelove” sounds positively reasonable and rational compared to this scrambled rant from Flynn. I honestly think Flynn needs psychiatric evaluation.

2 Likes

A certain Mr. Erdoğan wants a word with you about that:
      Sir, if you please: I bought him first!

5 Likes

"When you look around the world," he said "why do all these places not have the problems that we keep getting beat over the head and shoulders on in this country about when it comes to Covid? Why? Because everything, everything, and this is my truth, but what I believe, everything is a distraction to what happened on the third of November. Everything we hear about Covid, and how Covid started before November 3, it is all meant to control, it is all meant to gain control of society to be able to force decisions on the society, instead of allowing ‘we the people’ to make decisions."

Answer to 1st bolded question: They do. Not many people tune in to Nigerian or Venezuelan News networks though.

Rebuttal to bolded statement: We here in the United States held a free and fair election in 2020 and Trump lost to Biden by 7 million votes. ‘We the people’ voted his lying, Russian and North Korean loving ass out of office.

7 Likes

I’m just so struck by that phrasing. When someone says it like that they know they are not telling the actual truth. It’s almost on the level of a Freudian slip.

Or, to be very charitable, they know they are not telling a truth that can be proven. He’s using all sorts of “faith” signaling. It’s not the truth; it’s “my” truth. This isn’t what I know; this is what I “believe”.

4 Likes