Watch: Missouri pastor enraged at his congregation for not buying him a luxury watch

“I’m not worth your Gucci?”

It does not matter who’s asking. The correct answer is always “No.”

2 Likes

I assume it’s about taxes. Someone more versed in tax law than I am can confirm, but I do know a lot of pastors’ expenses are provided directly as allowances or gifts, in order to reduce the tax liability on the poor pastor. This just seems like a particularly egregious example.

4 Likes

If he was just honest enough to represent this as a findom thing that’d be fine; it’s representing a findom thing as pastoral activity that really crosses the line.

6 Likes

If money is the Root of all Evil then why are chirches so fond of it?

1 Like

TIL…

2 Likes

It’s funny, I was just reading about how Jesus specifically criticized people for wearing rich clothes (in a way which isn’t obvious to modern readers unfamiliar with ancient Judean fashion). And not even rich so much as not-humble. Modern American Christianity really seems to miss out on how Jesus absolutely damns the wealthy, over and over again, in the strongest possible terms. I guess they’re too busy freaking about about stuff Jesus never said anything about…

11 Likes

Mmmm. That’s some good bible.

“Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends…”
Oh, this verse seems to be where it all breaks down :joy:

@knappa too, for starting the song reference.

5 Likes

Agreed.

It’s asshat’s like this that remind me why I’m not a Christian

I mean, what kind of congregation would they be seen as, if their pastor wasn’t gadding about town with an expensive timepiece on his holy wrist?

7 Likes

Or, you know, outright droppin’ some fools who weren’t sharing their wealth with the rest of their community… (E.g. Acts 4-5*)

*To summarize it: “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.” (Enforced by godly smiting.)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.