Watch "Mondo Elvis," a short and unsettling 1984 documentary about extreme Elvis Presley fans

How old are the twins? Because they more than kinda resemble the king.

2 Likes

My wife made me watch Beastmaster on an early date (I think the first time I visited her hometown). It was a fairly decent B-movie.

2 Likes

Have you seen “What We Do in the Shadows” this week?

Elvis makes a cameo as a vampire (not so much spoiler as throwaway gag)

1 Like

Unsettling is the most charitable version of a description for whatever the heck that was. Words fail me.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. A creative entertainment superstar writ large, only he and his crew have disappeared and we will never be able to go to a live show. The feeling of loss can be cut with a knife.

1 Like

he looks like the guy from Dread Zeppelin

3 Likes

I can’t remember who told this joke, but I like it: When Elvis died, it was estimated that there were around 200 people making a living in the US as full-time Elvis impersonators. Ten years after his death, that number had grown to 2,000. If that trend continues, it’s estimated that by the year 2050 more than half the population of the US will be Elvis impersonators.

6 Likes

Are there any firies out there?
Just exactly what is the most appropriate kind of extinguisher to put out a hunk of burning love?

1 Like

“Some mysteries are best left unsolved.”
-Nigel Tufnel

4 Likes

Every generation gets the Elvis it deserves. It is said he eventually found that his audience did not appreciate his art the way he wished they would, so he stopped being Extreme Elvis and disappeared.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.