Watch movers deliver Trump's junk to his Florida golf course apartment

I was just rewatching Gilmore Girls. Sookie and Lorelai are planning to purchase the old Dragonfly B&B house and Lorelai asks Sookie to guess who owns it. Sookie rattles off a few names and also says, “Tell me it’s not that bastard Donald Trump.”

Howls of laughter in our house for that. I think this episode originally aired in 2001?

And

7 Likes

This suggests that Trump himself packed his junk, but that’s not how it works at the White House. The staff under the Chief Usher packs up the outgoing president’s gear. They know where the silverware goes.

12 Likes

That’s good to hear. That crook and his cronies would steal anything they could, otherwise.

4 Likes

Cue Trump’s deployment of Giuliani to request special favor from Palm Beach mayor who may be "smart " enough to require upfront full payment.

2 Likes

Long before he won, but…

3 Likes

I bet Dump didn’t tip the movers or offer them water.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Yeah, my first reaction was “Pardon me?”.

1 Like

My favorite succinct description of Burning Man is ‘recreational moving’.

2 Likes

I’ll smoke to that.

1 Like

LET THE LAWSUITS COMMENCE!

:“Battle of the Palm Beach Assholes” should at least be entertaining.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Rich Assholes vs. “Rich” Treasonous Asshole battles that are about to commence in that Asshole City. Palm Beach is an especially vile part of Florida that has the dubious honor of being shamed by the “Doonesbury” comic strip. See, back in the day, “the help” (people who weren’t white) had to register with the police and show special ID when working in the area.

9 Likes

MCDONALD: This is a town of former presidents. There just haven’t been presidents of the United States. They’ve been presidents of this or that. Being president of the United States isn’t going to carry any more weight than if he had been president of Nabisco or something.

Says it all, really.

4 Likes

Yes, but: “While he has not discussed his future with Dr. Biden, Mr. Harleth is expected to stay for now, according to administration officials, handling personnel issues, planning family dinner menus and managing the budget for the residence. He has made it clear that he is very eager to stay on permanently, and does not want to be viewed as a Trump loyalist though he has also hired other staff members from Trump properties. (He has told people, for instance, that he never met the Trumps until his interview to work at the White House.)” https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/18/us/politics/white-house-biden-trump.html

3 Likes

That’s the same thing Stormy said.

1 Like

Personally I think accepting a job from Trump not once but twice (especially when you have other options) is disqualifying enough, whether you see yourself as a Trump loyalist or not

3 Likes

Well, let’s hope the staff is paying closer attention than in the situation below, because 45 is unlikely to send anything back once it goes in the truck…

2 Likes

Obligatory:

P.S.

11 Likes

That picture…every time I see it I can’t help notice how very proud he looks about this spread of fast food. The fact that it doesn’t even cross his mind that a group of semi-professional athletes might not like junk food as a main meal, well, that tracks with everything else we’ve learned about him. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Yes, he’s incredibly proud of those tottering piles of cold burgers crammed onto the White House’s best silverware, as if this is the most splendid state banquet that any President has ever given.

3 Likes