Watch new footage from Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

Chewbacca reveals to Ben Solo that he is his real father!

7 Likes

Plus they could uphold their promise not to fake in Carrie Fisher’s performance with CGI, because they could just get a body double with a sith face mask.

Muffled voice doing passable impression of Fisher: You’re right, son—evil voice-distorting masks are so cool! Now I wish I got to spend more time with your grandpa. When do we get to hang out with the Knights of Ren? You know I love meeting your friends!

Kylo Ren: Uggggh. Forget it, I’m heading out to buy some power converters.

15 Likes

Begun this rise of Skywalker has.

7 Likes

“There And Back Again In Less Than Twelve Parsecs.”

12 Likes

“There And Back Again In Less Than Twelve Parsecs.”

snap%20baby

6 Likes

I have made up my mind entirely about this movie and its place in Star Wars canon based on these short clips.

What? Isn’t that how this works now?

6 Likes
2 Likes

My stupid fan theory: Rey has something to do with the Emperor. Maybe she is his secret granddaughter or even a female clone of him. She has a similar light sabre fighting style, also that would explain why she so freakish strong with the force and why she was dropped on that dumpy planet when she was a merely a harmless kid

4 Likes

I am picturing a Leela/Zap Brannigan situation.

Kylo manages to convince Rey to sleep with him. She immediately regrets it and he never shuts up about it afterwards

3 Likes

My favorite idea is having the enslaved droids rebel, saying ‘screw this”, realizing that overclocking makes them more formidable fighters then Jedi, and then withdrawing to space.

3 Likes

What’s been missing from the Star Wars universe is time travel. Every other franchise has it, so why not here? I am sure Kylo Ren is Anakin’s father.

1 Like

Yeah, or a nightmare. That’s some trailer-driving trollies right there.

3 Likes

That idea may or may not be stupid, but I just assumed it was the way they were going to play it.

“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” tagline, “Whoever wins, we lose.”

1 Like

“Bet you never thought the one short scene from that Solo movie was going to be central to the new trilogy! WHO’S AN UNNECCESSARY PREQUEL NOW, BITCHES?”
—Former minor background character 3X-SLV.

4 Likes

The rebels cartoon (which is canon) has had some funky force/time travel stuff. So it is out there.

4 Likes

I don’t know why we would think Artoo knows that Leia is Luke’s sister, there are like five people in the galaxy who know the identity of that little girl who was adopted by the Queen and Viceroy of Alderaan.

2 Likes

Plus its not like R2 has much of a chance to work it into a conversation. Nobody really asks his opinion on much of anything. Poor little guy.

2 Likes

“new footage”. 10 seconds later… That was it?

1 Like

funny as the thought thread is…R2’s memory banks were wiped to some extent. Same for C-3PO.

1 Like

Never hinted at in the movies; Bail Organa specifically ordered C3-PO’s memory wiped but not R2-D2s.

4 Likes