Watch Piers Morgan storm off the set of Good Morning Britain... for good

Had to say to myself with the accent…

2 Likes

Now if only Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and…I could go on for hours here…would all do the same.

9 Likes

I see a UK rag headline in the making:

Miserable Martyr Masquerader Morgan Marches

10 Likes

Probably more like

Malicious Meghan Makes Magnificent Morgan March

8 Likes

Ooh, this is fun.

No More Mean Meghan for Him - He’s MorGONE!!

6 Likes

It is a good morning now.

Waiting for Private Eye’s take.

3 Likes

Disclaimer first: Piers Morgan is an obnoxious bellend. No argument here.

Nonetheless it remains true that the regiment purportedly shown abusing Iraqi detainees in the photos was later found to have been … abusing Iraqi detainees, one of whom died. Seven soldiers, including the unit’s commanding officer, were charged in connection with his death. One was convicted: the charges against the others were dropped because of a lack of evidence, attributed by the presiding judge to “a more or less obvious closing of ranks.”

9 Likes

Well, if you can’t do it, you can’t do it.

1 Like

God was angry at Britain in 1965, and so inflicted a terrible pestilence upon the nation.
Sometime around 2011, God was so furious at America he set that pestilence loose on the “Land of the Brave.”
However, the Lord soon took pity on America, which was being ravaged by the many other similar instruments of divine wrath, and returned the dreadful horror to the British Isles.

5 Likes

:grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :upside_down_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :thinking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I agree, I can see the appeal of the C-Bomb, for both its transgressive nature and its explosive euphony. However, I prefer to steer away from its misogynistic subtext, and use the wide range of male genitalia slang to describe these hateful pizzles.

4 Likes
11 Likes

“Claim”??

They’ll be looking to see if Piers broke the Ofcom code. It would be for the courts to decide if any laws were broken, and I don’t think that’s likely to happen.

An utter berk.

7 Likes

Another addition (after consulting the Urban Dictionary) to my vocab. Thanks.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t not be surprised if this piece of Culture War Performance Art was his audition tape for either of the two “Fox-lite” channels being opened.

9 Likes

Unfortunately, they are unlikely to be challenged so vociferously on their mono-culture shows.

2 Likes

Yes, claim.

verb
state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.

For some reason I have trouble taking an organization who let Piers Morgan spew his BS for years without any “looking into” at their word when they say they’ll do something responsible. They can claim they’ll do it, but I’m not stating it as a fact until they DO it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Ofcom isn’t a great regulator, but they can only investigate something if a complaint is made to them. If there are no complaints they can’t do anything.

2 Likes

I’ve got nothing against ofcam, I’m just not giving them the benefit of the doubt. I do find it hard to believe this is the first time there have been complaints, but I don’t watch that show except when bits get posted here, so my sample size is limited.

4 Likes