Watch: Putin threatens to use nuclear weapons. "It's not a bluff."

In thinking more about this perhaps we could tell Putin and the Russian people that we will do to them what they have done to Ukraine. And with the message delivered paint every major city or strategic site with targeting radar that tells them they are in the crosshairs. Offer the option of get out now, today or tomorrow will be denied to you. A bit extreme perhaps? What that pack of cowards have done to Ukraine is a little over the top too. Make the message clear that putin started it and they, Russians will experience what it feels like to have a giant power step on all they hold dear as well. Minds like putin and trump respond when their own ass is on the line.

2 Likes

But they couldn’t really care about ordinary civilians, who would then be shown that the west is indeed their enemy too. Brutality is both wrong in itself and rarely any path to peace. Especially since we really don’t want this to escalate into total war.

9 Likes
1 Like

I don’t think there’s such a thing. ICBMs rely on internal navigation, not external guidance.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Sometimes you have to destroy the country to save it.

4 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

One of my favorites. Though I’ve all been partial to Christina’s version:

3 Likes
1 Like

“Jäähyväiset rock’n’rollille” - “Goodbye to rock’n’roll” by the Finnish rock / punk band Eppu Normaali, describing a nuclear war’s deleterious effects on rock music. :wink:

2 Likes

Maria Zakharova will threaten the use of nuclear weapons in defence of borscht.

7 Likes

In America, the Gazpacho would arrest her for that.

11 Likes

Well, as long as we’re sharing songs that invoke nuclear destruction … Had to rack my brain to find this one. I think I could recall most of one line, the catchy tune, and bits of the imagery from the video.

New Frontier by Donald Fagen

9 Likes

Definitely one of the best early MTV videos, even if only for production value.

7 Likes

That’s where my age-fogged brain remembered it from. Living in a very rural area we didn’t have cable, but Friday nights in the Spring and Summer were spent racing at the small track owned by my aunt(in law)'s parents in the sprawling metropolis of Raleigh, North Carolina. I honestly don’t remember that much about the races, I was working in the concession stand for all of it except when our car was racing, but my teenage brain filed away a lot of the videos I saw on MTV as we hung out at the parent’s house afterwards. I mean, yeah, age has degraded those down to fragments, but the image of the couple descending into the bomb shelter stuck with me. Yay?

7 Likes