Watch robber with gun when he realizes his would-be victim is a pal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/25/watch-robber-with-gun-when-he.html

2 Likes

A friend in need?

3 Likes

Hugs among thieves.

7 Likes

friendship-quote-million-little-things-300x300
Like not getting shot in the head.

13 Likes

Happened to me when I was a teenager working at 7-11. Guy came in - looked at me & a friend who stopped by - realized he lived two doors down from me & worked with him - left & went right down the road to the next 7-11 & robbed it.

17 Likes

Indeeeed.

1 Like

It is convenient to have a couple of stores to choose from in easy walking distance.

13 Likes

Driving in this case. And this store was right across the highway from the police station!

10 Likes

This is exactly why I tell my kids they should hang out with criminals.

9 Likes

CSB

I did something bad as a ~13 y/o, and tried to shoplift a few packs of baseball cards from the local department store (yeah, yeah, I know…but let he who is without sin cast the first stone). I got busted by the security guy. Bawled my eyes out when he threatened to take me to juvie, and he ended up just calling my mom to come pick me up (yeah, I got a tongue-lashing that day which ended my brief foray into thievery).

A few years later got a cashier job at a grocery store across the street. Well, who of all people do you think would be a regular shopper there? Mr. security guy. He made it a point to checkout in my line every friggin time. He never acknowledged that he recognized me, but when you wait in a 15 minute line to buy a gallon of milk when the express line is free… Dude would always smile at me and give me this look like “yeah…I’ve got my eye on you”.

/CSB

7 Likes

“So, uhhh. . . lend me a fiver?”

4 Likes

Had he already started the stickup yet?
If not, then not immediately committing a crime and leaving witnesses that could easily ID him was a good life choice.

Other guy must not have been a thief…

1 Like

A mate went to Buenos Aires a few years ago and was robbed twice in the first week there, first by teenagers who first stuck him with a small knive to show they were serious, then by some guy who drugged him and made him empty his account with his own ATM card. He woke up the next day in his hostel with no recollection of the past 12 hours. It turned out to be a very nice trip after that though.

He had his hand in his pocket…looked at me - eyes went wide.

Being Argentina…maybe a 500er?

3 Likes

Still, the would-be victim should face a charge of consorting with criminals. Somebody gotta pay.

I’d certainly be tempted not to mention this while they still have the gun ready for action; but I think the knowledge that a friend of mine’s attempt to rob someone at gunpoint was foiled only by the fact that he ran into me would…seriously…imperil the future of their status as ‘friend’.

1 Like

Literally every interaction between Republicans.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.