Watch Sacha Baron Cohen at the 60th anniversary of MLK Jr.'s March on Washington

Originally published at: Watch Sacha Baron Cohen at the 60th anniversary of MLK Jr.'s March on Washington | Boing Boing

10 Likes

That was an excellent speech. Unity. Respect.

8 Likes

This is why I feel fully confident calling out racism among the people I grew up with. They were exactly like this. Like, to the point that I heard most racist words for the first time as part of a disgusting “joke” and had to ask my mom about them. Kids and adults, all the same. It’s kind of shocking how readily they’ll offer up heir worst thoughts when they think you’re one of them.

11 Likes

Not gonna lie, that part was a huge relief given the context.

11 Likes

1048f491-7db5-460f-8820-ae52125f3de6-620x372

5 Likes

They would’ve been about the same time. Borat was well before the movie.

4 Likes

This is a sweet reminder to keep doing the work.

3 Likes

So is Sacha Barón Cohen not racist now?

Nice to know.

2 Likes

I guess he got a new act?

3 Likes

Wait? What? SBC plays a character who is a racist ahole. If you can’t see the snark in Borat, perhaps your sensors may need a slight realignment? Does he have to stare at the camera, break character and say, I’m mocking these idiots, see? after every bad joke? Or is there some controversy I am unaware of? He is a jewish person who has expressed support for Palestinians (and Israelis) iirc is that it?

I’ve read his remarks the day before and liked them enough to actually watch them in full with the whole family on the pad at dinner.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.