Watch Sarah Huckabee Sanders try to defend Cadet Bone Spurs "run into school" comment

I’ll just note that the doors and halls were full of students, initially for the fire alarm, and then fleeing the shooting. Without presidential clairvoyance, covering their exit from the building and waiting for backup might have seemed sensible.

6 Likes

She’s there voluntarily because of her own ambition, and she could leave any time she wants. So to hell with her.

Everyone who does business with Trump gets burned.

16 Likes

Yeah, you nailed it on the head… So many of the objections to Obama & Clinton from the right are really incidental to the facts at hand and stated GOP policy positions. Since Dems are the defacto enemy, anything they do, however it may align with the right, is simply wrong. And it cuts the other way- when the GOP acts counter to their stated goals, it magically becomes the position they’ve had all along. It’s how the ACA (a GOP plan) becomes evil when the Dem’s do it and how the increasing the deficit becomes a-okay with Trumpster.

12 Likes

she’s going to bring home the gold medal for Trump Enabling from the 2018 Nuclear Winter Olympics

7 Likes

Some of this, at least, is her fault.

3 Likes

I can’t watch her. She’s too good at this. She doesn’t get rattled, she doesn’t contradict herself in the same session, just stands there dispensing contemptuous garbage.

3 Likes

Share an umbrella with his wife or child?

9 Likes

It is getting tiresome, this format.

Press: "What did the president meant when he said < insert here yet another stupid utterance from Trump that, while shocking, cant be read in more than one way >
Huckabee: “You didnt hear the president say that, he was actually saying some very wordy and wishywashy bullshit like this”

11 Likes

And she’s going to continue to say that bullshit until the press calls her on it. Which they probably won’t.

3 Likes

The cognitive dissonance is strong. In part because the presence of armed, trained LEO at the scene totally undermines the whole “good guy with a gun” narrative that they’re all so enamored with. If the epitome, according to them, of the “good guy with a gun” didn’t get the job done, you’ve got to discredit him as a “good guy,” otherwise the whole narrative falls apart, and the idea of arming teachers becomes doubly ridiculous.

11 Likes

tumblr_p36dps7izR1w97wono2_500

15 Likes

joke-bounces-off-you

1 Like

Problem with LEO is training:

Trained not to go in there without a SWAT team.
Trained to shoot anyone they perceive as threat and hand-cuff the dead body. (BLM)
Trained to drive snipers back into the school. (Columbine).
Trained to get civilians to put up their hands at gunpoint. (Stoneman).

Problem is… most of these things are determined to protect LEO, and not the public.
Americans have to think about this…

5 Likes

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

My work here is done.

4 Likes

Watch Sarah Huckabee Sanders try to defend Cadet Bone Spurs “run into school” comment

My cursor hovered over the play button for three full seconds. I just couldn’t do it.

5 Likes

“Why, it’s old man Trump from the Haunted White House!”

“And I would have run into the school and stopped the shooter, if it hadn’t been for those meddling kids!”

8 Likes

If barefaced lying was one of the Ten Commandments, she’d be self-selectedly out of a job. Think, ye, upon that.

Trump won’t take a few raindrops for his wife and son, but he’ll definitely run at an armed person with nothing but his bare hands? mmmmhm…

10 Likes

Yes, training - regular training to shoot a gun. Training to shoot a gun at another human being, in an active shooter situation (and still be lucky to hit 20% of the time). Training to recognize threats. Training to not be reckless. (And yet, see how they fall short, still.) Teachers don’t have any of that training. The idea that somehow a total lack of training would make them better at dealing with the situation is so profoundly stupid, it physically hurts.

4 Likes

Hmmmm

19 Likes