Watch: Second Impeachment Debates

Funny, usually when they say the quiet part out loud it’s based on evil, not accuracy.

4 Likes

I’m stuck in meetings all afternoon, but when I was listening in the car earlier things seemed to be trending towards another party line vote. Is that still the case? Have any of the republicans returned to a reality-based understanding of the world?

3 Likes

So far, I’ve heard one GOP member say they would vote yes, but I’ve been muting them so as to remain calm.

4 Likes

Good call.

I was shouting at the car radio during Jim Jordan’s speech and that’s when I realized that I’ve turned into the liberal version of a Fox News QAnon uncle.

4 Likes

Yep.

Just had to mute him again, lest I be tempted to punch my monitor.

Also I have to ask:

Why are so many GOP reps dick-nosing it?

7 Likes

Debates all done. Extremely telling that even though the House is split nearly 50/50 the number of Republicans willing to speak up on behalf of the President was less than half the number of Democrats willing to speak up against him. And a good number of those who did speak out against impeachment were making arguments along the lines of “sure we can all agree this President is a rabble-rousing, lying piece of shit, but…”

5 Likes

Tuning back in for the vote.

Can someone remind me? NV is “no vote” or the equivalent of abstaining? [ETA] OH, I got it, it means not voted as in not voted yet. Derp.

6 Likes

So, there’s no more time, but they’re still voting?

2 Likes

162 to 158, for impeachment.

113 muthafuckas didn’t cast a vote.

O_O

2 Likes

Yeah, that seems to happen with every vote, but I’m not sure how much “overtime” there is before it’s final or whether it’s just the presiding officer gaveling it out. IIRC, the McCain no vote for ACA repeal was in OT.

3 Likes

Still counting votes but already Trump has broken the record for “number of members of the President’s own party voting in favor of impeachment” previously set by Bill Clinton, who had five members of his own party vote to impeach him.

Trump already set history last February as the first President in history to have a member of his own party vote in favor of conviction during the Senate trial phase.

5 Likes

And @ChuckV, yep votes still being counted… up to 208 to 186, with now 9 republicans voting for impeachment.

Probably it’s down to the presiding officer, I’d guess? :woman_shrugging: I do wonder how much orientation new members get, and how much they have to read to get a handle on how everything works.

4 Likes

10 republicans voted to impeach

3 Likes

Most impeached president ever.

7 Likes

Yugely impeached.

2 Likes

I think they are limiting the number of people allowed on the floor at one time, so they essentially vote in batches. Makes it take much longer to get through.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.