Watch Steve Harvey announce the wrong Miss Universe

“Phillipians?” As in “subjects of King Philippe of Belgium?”

3 Likes

I bet this is an autocorrect issue.

2 Likes

As in The Epistle Tweet of Steve to the Philippians.

6 Likes

Miss Philippians can do all things through Christ who gives her strength!

A religion whose holy book consisted of maybe 50 tweets and in which all commentary over 140 characters was banned might be a good thing or a bad thing, but at least the services would be nice and short. [I just sat through the annual visit to the musical bank].

1 Like

If you use a stink bomb to cut a religious service mercifully short, is it a weapon of mass destruction?

8 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen… Miss Spain!

Miss Austria!

Plenty more mirror universe contestants in the National Dress section

4 Likes

If the church is high church enough they provide their own smells. This was one of the ones where they parade the holy book preceded by someone burning incense. You could measure its progress by the direction the coughing was coming from. These people are toughened to resist mere stink bombs.

2 Likes

The real winner was Miss Information.

18 Likes

Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!

3 Likes

This could all be a plot from Miss Reading.

(She’s from Pennsylvania.)

5 Likes

The smart money for these pageants is usually on Miss Ogyny.

10 Likes

Well here’s an interesting angle on the incident. It seems that bad graphic design is at least partially responsible for Steve Harvey’s mistake. Check out the formatting of the card he was given to read:

It’s kind of like that “butterfly ballot” debacle that led to a bunch of people from Palm County, Florida accidentally voting for Pat Buchanan instead of Al Gore back in 2000… only this time the Supreme Court didn’t decide to let the “Miss Colombia” decision stand.

4 Likes

Yep. Terrible UI design.

4 Likes

That’s why we should have design reeducation camps.

2 Likes

Yes, I had seen some of the footage of him apologizing, but watching their faces was jaw dropping.

There’s a scene in A Little Princess, which is a book by the same author who wrote The Secret Garden where the spoiled little girl instantly becomes poor and the boarding school mistress rips the girl’s gorgeous fancy clothes off her and sticks her into rags and this moment looked so much like that to me.

You’re the winner - no sucker, you’re the LOSER.

3 Likes

Only if you’re a Cathaholic.

This question may well answer itself.

Funny ! Yea, a Great Supreme Court Justice

With his simple-minded and intolerant views of others regarding religious difference–I am starting to worry about Steve Harvey.

He is a intolerant religious bigot.

1 Like

As the person who started a thread trying to document the non-existence of a major religion’s messiah figure, how can you criticize other peoples’ relgious intolerance?

5 Likes