WATCH: Super satisfying magnet action

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/03/watch-super-satisfying-magnet.html

6 Likes

Super satisfying

I only got kind’a satisfied from it.

11 Likes

Just wait for the ben-wa sized mag-balls to come out!

7 Likes

How do they work?

12 Likes

Ask @hecep

5 Likes

Considering small metal spheres – and many of them…

… any
… way
… you
…want.

6 Likes

As long as you stick to one, pushing them up your ass is ok. More than one, though, and you will die. No, really.

7 Likes

Or anyone in the line of fire? “Looks like he was machine-gunned, Mike!”

4 Likes

Now if only dogs would stop thinking I have hidden magnetic balls!

2 Likes

Hello 10 years ago. I got at least three sets of Buckyballs before the CPSC fucked everything up.

4 Likes

I loves my bucky balls. I gots a lot of them. I would love to see some sort of visualization of the magnetic fields created by these sculptural creations. Perhaps an augmented-pigeon-pov-reality-thing. Magnets.

4 Likes

It’s OK, gracchus, I see what you did there.

4 Likes

When I was playing with these things, it was hard to get used to the polarity of the magnets. Some shapes intuitively seem like they should be easy to build, then turn out to be impossible.

2 Likes

Really cool, but I was a bit startled by this review:
“Dangerous for kids, they are fun and attractive to curious minds but beware that if swallowed could became deadly. My son son end up in the hospital under supervision until he poops them or else it would be a bad ending. Make sure keep away from small kids”
With an x-ray of a kid’s abdomen with what appears to be small round pellets.

Fun

2 Likes

That’s how I feel about Tegu blocks. Give me some Magnetiles OTOH, I will rapidly fabricate My Little Pony castles with my daughter all damn day.

2 Likes

I’ve got those! They really are extremely satisfying to tinker with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fuck knows.

1 Like

There are very small demons standing on the surface of each one and when they see another demon standing on a different nearby ball they hold hands. HTH :smiley:

4 Likes

My daughter (12) fidgets with these constantly. She’s able to build incredible mandalas and complete shapes… and leaves them around the living room to taunt my fat middle-aged fingers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.