Watch the Angry Birds movie trailer!

Where the bleeding fuck did they get limbs?

4 Likes

Well, you see how I used the subjunctive mood to discuss hypothetical future movies?

4 Likes

THEY ARE LAZY AND DESERVE TO HAVE THEIR EGGS STOLEN BY THE TRUE JOB-CREATORS

If nothing else, Bad Piggies has gotten my son to make crazy, bizarre, unstable agglomerations of buildings and vechicles with his Duplos and other construction toys. Hooray! Weird architecture was always my favorite thing, anyway (after “zombie spacemen” - which was classic lego spacemen with the faces turned backwards in the helmets, leaving them with a blank visage. I used to take lots of pictures of them with my 110 camera. ALL LOST. I hope.)

2 Likes

Yeah, I always thought angry birds was a parable of the Israel-Palestine conflict. Does seem weird to make a kid’s movie out of it.

2 Likes

The Angry Birds has something approaching a story? I’m pretty sure they had to make one up from whole cloth here.

ETA:

I… I would watch that.

2 Likes

Actually the setting may explain this; it’s not unusual for geographically isolated island-dwelling species of birds to adapt to a flightless lifestyle. Notable examples include the flightless cormorants of the Galapagos, the kiwis of New Zealand and the Big Bird of Manhattan.

5 Likes

Well that one pig had a Guy Fieri goatee? GOOD WORK ON CREATING A VILLAIN WORTH EXTERMINATION SONY!

Also, bonus points for how all the birds needs limbs and legs to just YELL the visual cues that they’re angry! It’s like they’re trying to be the next Dreamworks Animation!

(protip: not even Dreamworks Animation wants to be associated with “Dreamworks Animation”.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.