Watch the CDC's lackluster attempt at encouraging masking

Originally published at: Watch the CDC's lackluster attempt at encouraging masking | Boing Boing

1 Like

Sheesh. Is the CDC paying The Onion to do its marketing now?

6 Likes

I’ll be travelling to the EU soon with a tour group and attended a Google Meet call-in for it this weekend. When asked what’s the plan if someone gets covid on the trip, after ignoring the question the first time, someone shouted, “There’s no such thing as covid!” The Belgian trip organizers replied that covid isn’t a thing anymore, it’s just the flu, and whoever gets covid will get on the bus with everyone as usual.

It’s not just the US and CDC that’s gone into denial.

…am getting another booster next week…

Can you get another booster after last September’s without being over 65 and/or immunocompromised? I’m six months out from my last permitted booster, but my doc says I’m not allowed to get another, and the few unqualified friends I have who managed to get one did so by lying, which I’m not prepared to do.

3 Likes

I have a friend who miraculously recovered just a few days ago, after being on a ventilator for two weeks.
COVID’s still out there, and it can still kill you.
I’ll be masking for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

I went to CVS and got it last month, no questions asked. The latest guidelines I saw posted were for adults 55 and over whose last booster was more than 3-6 months ago. So many people didn’t get the latest booster in the US, that I won’t be surprised to see news about donating millions of doses to other countries before they expire.

4 Likes

Ye gods! Nothing about masks mostly protecting others from what you breathe out, not so much protecting you from what you breathe in UNLESS you have a mask designed and made to a certain standard.
Not all masks are equal.
The message about when your friends come round really ought to have been “ask them to wear masks to protect you, if you are immunocompromised”.

2 Likes

“Sit and wonder what the hell you are going to do when the COVID-denying Karen on the bus rips the mask off your face.”

4 Likes

Take your mask off at school to eat lunch, come home with COVID, and infect your entire family!

(Signed, a parent who takes her kid out of school for lunch every day to avoid the above)

8 Likes

I feel like I’m beating a dead horse here, but, shit, a full minute video, lackluster at best about masking, and they don’t mention anything about opening windows or ventilation in general. :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

The safest thing is to wrap our heads in cellophane

I mean, or we could just open some effing windows? I’m so frustrated that none of my medical care providers mentioned it. I only know about it because I work in building science, and we were able to prevent transmission within our household. Everyone I know who works in the field and who has caught the virus has been able to keep their family uninfected. It’s rather infuriating at this point.

8 Likes

That’s easy- press charges for Assault and battery.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.