Watch the country's largest Confederate statue come down

I think that it comes down to this: museum space (even backroom storage space for items not on display) is rather limited and these statues are rather large.

2 Likes

Trump’s response to this is something else.

5 Likes

"If only we had Robert E. Lee to command our troops in Afghanistan… "

We could have lost the war in four years instead of taking twenty to do it!

21 Likes

And with so many more casualties! Because Lee was not actually that good of a general and mostly rode on the coattails of Jackson’s success until Jackson died, after which the Confederate Army did not do so well.

8 Likes

Broke-ass, racist, dimwitted orange loser worships dead racist loser - film at eleven.

8 Likes

…and only the horses are worth looking at, anyway.

3 Likes

I used to drive by this and wonder why he wouldn’t let those kids get the books!

3 Likes
13 Likes

The South with FAIL again!

4 Likes

“Copperheads like the New York Times”, some things never change. (I wonder how many slave mortgages the owners of the NYT had in their investment portfolios?)

11 Likes

Maybe a better way of thinking about it is that this what it looks like when the South DOES finally rise from its sick obsession with a failed rebellion and starts becoming a more inclusive place for all Southerners instead of just the white ones.

8 Likes

That would be aces! :+1::+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Some of us have already started that project.

6 Likes

That’s powerful! I need to read more DuBois!

5 Likes

dubois

7 Likes

I’ll be stealing that my good sir…

door stealing GIF

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.