Watch the epic battle between hundreds of monkeys that stopped traffic in Thailand

Originally published at: Watch the epic battle between hundreds of monkeys that stopped traffic in Thailand | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That photo has some real Gangs of New York energy.

26 Likes

I was expecting to see more poop flinging. :poop: :monkey_face: :poop:

7 Likes

The amount of chill from the people in the video is impressive. I would not want to hang around that many angry monkeys, let alone try to wander through the fight.

27 Likes

It’s all fun and games until someone teaches them to use tools:

19 Likes

Many had argued that tourism changed the behaviour of these monkeys as they now expect to receive food from humans.

So this may be more evidence that the unsavory tendencies of human civilization are contagious to other species.

7 Likes

Reminded my of the old and probably discredited book “African Genesis”

No business, like monkey business.

7 Likes

In those large, chaotic battles where nobody is wearing uniforms I have to imagine there’s a lot of confusion and friendly-fire. There was an episode of The Norsemen on Netflix where two large coalition armies of Vikings had an epic battle with many casualties, and in the aftermath a couple of the victorious Vikings were having a funny conversation with each other on how there’s really no way to tell which side you’re fighting against with everyone more or less dressed the same and nobody wearing uniforms, so they just attacked whoever was in front of them.

But maybe monkeys are just way better than humans at recognizing each other in those situations.

11 Likes

It’s true. Unless they were snapping first, then more West Side Story.

10 Likes

7 Likes

“Monkey Brawl” a good name for a boat or a band?

4 Likes

Which side is the Sharks, and which side is the Jets?

I would have to say this gets 2 stars. An unexpected mash up between West Side Story and Planet of the Apes, but I expected more choreography during the fights.

8 Likes

I think that is reserved for lesser foes. “Not Monkeys”

1 Like

Or they just don’t care. Its not like the fights are meant to be fatal.

1 Like

That’s U.S. Politics you’re thinking of. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

6 Likes

For people who dislike monkeys - this is nightmare fuel.

3 Likes

so… many… monkeys
shudder

6 Likes

War…War never changes.

4 Likes