Watch the first trailer for Warner Brothers Multiversus

Originally published at: Watch the first trailer for Warner Brothers Multiversus | Boing Boing

1 Like

Why is Arya Stark in the WBM?

1 Like

Is THAT who that was? I came to the comments to find out. That’s… interesting.

1 Like

I smiled. Tell no one.

1 Like

I enjoyed that animated movie. Now what’s the game going to be like? Because I expect it to be zippity and doo dah like that.

3 Likes

It’s interesting to me that they’ve leaned fully into the Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme and have essentially given him DBZ style powers.

1 Like

Messing with his food made him (h)angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s (h)angry.

Anyway, I was looking at a list of Warner Bros. characters and there are definitely some candidates I’m interested to see eventually, like Samurai Jack (and if they don’t also include the Scotsman in some way, that would be a shame.) There are also a lot more characters on that list than I expected.

1 Like

There was so much hype for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, and then when it was finally released it was found to be severely disappointing.

Bah, “support”! Back in the day companies would release a game and be done with it, and people would learn to love whatever unfixible bugs happened to be left behind, at least until the companies could justify releasing a separate, new, full-priced product.

4 Likes

Having made games, although not for several years, I highly doubt that you go from closed alpha to open beta in 6 weeks. More like closed beta/open beta but they call it alpha because it makes some people think they are on the cutting edge.

Alpha is painful.

4 Likes

HBO is owned by Warner Bros Discovery. So, just like a similar game in the full Disneyverse could include characters like Iron Man, Darth Vader, and Elsa.

2 Likes

reboots are so yesterday… mashups is where it’s at! (“Super Chicken meets the Cabbage Merchant!” buckabuckabucka…)

1 Like

Are multiverses the new hotness? Is everything going to be a multiverse now?

Which reminds me… do we have Alan Moore to thank for that…

3 Likes

harvey_copy

4 Likes

So could the wax Presidents and the mascots created for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver be added to Warner Brothers Multiversus? :wink:

Jeff the Diseased Lung versus wax Warren G. Harding – Fight!

5 Likes

back in MY day we fully expected games to be glitchy. kids today need patches and support. SOFT!

2 Likes

That’s what you get when you reach that thing.

I’m hoping for the quantum multiverse mashup.

1 Like

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.