Watch the Herman Cain 2012 Smoking Ad — in memoriam

Oops, can’t scroll fast enough!

My favorite bad lip reading video, by far, is the one for Herman Cain. “Now how would I have known Tom Hanks?”

2 Likes

Cain Train?

Was that produced by Spinal Tap? I was half expecting a Stonehenge to descend from the rafters by the end of that video…

2 Likes

As a bit of background, Wikipedia has this to say about smokin’ Ned Flanders there:

“Block’s rising profile in the Cain campaign gained additional attention on October 24–25, 2011, when a campaign ad showing Block smoking a cigarette caused widespread consternation and amusement.

On October 30, 2011, allegations surfaced that the Cain campaign might have been illegally funded by Block’s Prosperity USA. As a tax-exempt charity, Prosperity USA is not allowed to donate money or services to a political campaign. The FEC voted on January 21, 2016 to dismiss the allegations.

2 Likes

Of course it is the black Trumptard who does from Covid while Rand Paul is back playing squash.

2 Likes

He died the way he lived: ignoring dire warnings from medical professionals about what he allowed into his lungs.

10 Likes

Something tells me this is what they think is subtext:

1 Like

RIP Herman. Flags flying at half staff all across Uzbeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan today.

4 Likes

If he had fired-up a joint instead of a Marlboro, the Cain campaign might have gained some traction.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s unwarranted to consider Cain a bit of an uncle tom. It’s not inherently contradictory for someone to be racist against their own race. Especially when they’re a republican and only stand to gain from doing the minstrel show.

4 Likes

Killed by a hoax.

Obviously he’s not really dead. Fake news, false flag operation, something something. I mean, he was blithely tweeting just hours before his “death” after all.

2 Likes

“Stephen, Stephen Miller?”

3 Likes

And also that when my get-up-and-go has got up and went, I hanker for a hunk o’ cheese! When I’m dancin’ a hoedown and my boots kinda slow down, or anytime I’m weak in the knees, I hanker for a hunk of, a slab or slice or chunk of, a snack a day’s a winner and yet won’t spoil my dinner! I hanker for a hunk o’ cheese!

7 Likes

Oh, Cain was absolutely an “Uncle Tom.”

5 Likes

Ya-hoo!

Look! A wagon wheel!

7 Likes

damn! beat me to it

2 Likes

Rachel Maddow argued at the time that the whole campaign was a joke

Possibly either Dan Calabrese or Robert Laurie, the most prolific posters on hermancain dot com.

2 Likes

I remember that now! Man, the Pokemon thing…

1 Like