Watch the many ways a human and mama duck try to save her babies from a swimming pool

Originally published at: Watch the many ways a human and mama duck try to save her babies from a swimming pool | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oIhiTWexW0

8 Likes

A pool cover would be a wise investment.

6 Likes

I’ve seen pools with a plank of wood with one end in the pool and the other on the side as a ramp to let ducklings climb out.

6 Likes

Apparently, if you can get your bill over the edge you can jump out.

3 Likes

Twice we had a mama duck lay eggs behind our bushes the side of our house. We thought they would be in the nets for a few days - but they leave shortly after hatching. I set up a game cam the second time and got a few good pics of them.

5 Likes

I like how, as soon as she has a majority of the klings on dry land, the boss duck is out of there, leaving the remaining klings peeping despondently in their watery grave

2 Likes

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

10 Likes

Jump up on her back when she’s near the edge of the pool, use her like a step stool.

How do you say that in duck?

4 Likes

Those newfangled cement ponds are treacherous.

1 Like

She’s a witch! And so are the ducklings!

2 Likes
4 Likes

How I loathed that little duckling that followed Tom around.

3 Likes

Yes, It is very irritating indeed. It made me wanting to scream: Are you stupid, boy?

But I love the ending of this cartoon.

3 Likes

I think it was the voice that annoyed me more than anything.

Yes, the ending was quite cute.

2 Likes

Watching mom duck teaching the ducklings how to fly has as much drama… A whole day watching the adult showing the little buggers how it’s done, down a gentle slope toward a dam of water, and then walking the guys back up the hill to do it over and over again!

Was magic seeing the first flights!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.