Watch the new trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Maybe it’d be better if you illuminated them. What sort of Photoshop errors are you seeing?

2 Likes

All of this CGI looks so fake! It looks like something I played on the Atari 2600!

I hope the size of the Death Star there is just intended to be stylistic (superweapon looming over everything) and not how it actually appears in the movie. Because that would be too big by far.

2 Likes

that’s a teaser?

i said my safe word like 20 times

1 Like

The dirty secret about this movie is that it’s adapted from this book:

3 Likes
  1. Stormtroopers at random heights in the water, and clearly not actually in the water
  2. Splashes poorly photoshopped around the stormtroopers legs, with no hint of the actual water breaking up
  3. Motion blur everywhere except on anyone moving. Afore-mentioned splashes crystal clear
  4. Rebel’s feet all blurred out so to try and hide the fact they’re not actually standing on sand (check out the robot’s closest foot, and then notice several other’s have the same problem)
  5. Perspective of the wave on the shore makes no sense with the perspective of the people
  6. No wet sand, water is not touching it in any way
  7. Shadows going one way on the Death Star and the other way under the people
  8. No transparency in the water at all, maybe on this planet it’s blue Listerine?
  9. Tallest tree on the right is a mirrored clone of the tallest tree on the left

(Higher res version)

Scene issue: The enemy is wading, wide-open in flat, unobstructed water, and you are on a beach surrounded by trees, and your usual advantage is guerrilla warfare, so you… charge at the water towards them? With guns barely drawn? What, to engage them in hand-to-hand combat? They should get mowed down the moment they start stumbling in the water.

It looks like a design team came up with an idea of juxtaposing a nice beach scene with the ominous Death Star, and then some pea-brained higher-up said “it needs to look more Starwars-y,” and so sent it back to have some starmtroopers and rebels quickly photoshopped onto it in a day. The design team said “can’t we re-shoot this?” and were told “no no, the still water and empty beach are just fine as they are, just photoshop some splashes around people’s legs and it will all work.

3 Likes

That can’t be official…

What ever happened to just throwing money at Drew Struzan until he gave you something?

Are they really errors if I can still tell what they are trying to depict? I don’t give any extra points for “realism”!

1 Like

Crossover from the Marvelverse.

Star Wars: People Unable to Look Into the Camera

How bad can it be?

In all seriousness though, i’m loving the look of this. Can’t wait to see it!

Edit: Love the Tropical setting too. Refreshingly different but the same.

I love a good McGuffin flick.

Speaking of practical effects, it’s a little disconcerting to see something as practical as escalators in a Star Wars movie. They usually go for flagrant OSHA violations like giant moving platforms with no handrails or edge markers, or just your good old bottomless pits.

(Apparently that’s Canary Wharf station in the London Underground. Presumably the car billboard will be erased in post.)

1 Like

How do you think the Emperor paid for the Death Star?

He takes out large life insurance policies on each Stormtrooper and technician. Every work place accident adds to the coffers.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.