Watch the President of Costa Rica swallow a wasp

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/23/watch-the-president-of-costa-r.html

1 Like

But was it tasty?

3 Likes

He looks like a regular guy with a sense of humor. Why can’t we have a president like that in the US? It seems that only assholes get very far along in our process.

5 Likes

This was making the rounds on Spanish-language TV last week, I was in a local Salvadoran restaurant picking up some take-out and wondered what everyone was laughing at, this clip was up on the TV screen, not hearing the audio I thought it was a fly. “Que es? Una mosca? Es como se dice ’ en boca cerrada no entran moscas.’”

2 Likes

Sickening. Wasp was just flying around, not doing any harm, and this MONSTER decided he had the right to end its life. On behalf of all winged insects, I think this video should be taken down. We should not be forced to witness such wanton barbarity.

1 Like

Don’t wasps sting in Costa Rica?

1 Like

Like chicken.

3 Likes

No. They ‘picadura’.

9 Likes

like. like. like.

no they go on eco-tours and rent air bnb’s in the tree canopies. oh, you meant the insect, didn’t you…

10 Likes

I am not familiar with wasps that small.

2 Likes

We just did.

2 Likes

There is an episode of ‘The Sky at Night’ where the late, great Patrick Moore swallow a bluebottle. Of course, being Patrick Moore, he carried straight on without a pause.

I have seen him live. He spoke even faster than on TV, with never an ‘er’ or ‘um’ the whole time.

1 Like

Pura Vida!

3 Likes

He’s ready to take on the Reavers.

No, they “Pican”

1 Like

Am I seeing ‘regional’ difference in the use of the Spanish language?

Perhaps he’ll die?

3 Likes

Yeah I look forward to seeing which animal he’ll swallow to catch the wasp.

2 Likes

Actuarial Perspectives on Entomophagy claims that only older females show a change in mortality rate.