Watch the trailer for Flesh Gordon, a 70s sex comedy riff on pulp sci-fi movies

Think about the budget for this film, too, especially with the stop motion animation for the Tower of Death sequence.

Also, I’ll see your video store and raise you a UA Cineplex midnight showing in the 80’s.

2 Likes

It would make a great double-bill with the X-rated Batman TV show parody.

1 Like

Oh, gosh, I so love MAD Magazine!

2 Likes

3 Likes

I swear to god I saw a Planter’s Peanuts-themed car parked behind one of those Oscar Mayer Weinermobiles on my street once.

The only thing that would have made it more perfect is if someone parked a BMW behind the Peanutmobile so it would go Weiner –> Nuts –> Asshole.

6 Likes

Our film society shoehorned this into a season that included two Bergman films and lots of 60s French cinema. I think it was the only first-run movie in the lot. I wonder if the distributors deliberately sought out university film societies as natural venues.

2 Likes

“Taint no parkin’ here.”

5 Likes

I never watched it, but when I lived in Austin, The Movie Store had a VHS copy of this. Apparently there were no more copies to be had: renting that movie required an extra deposit of something like $100 or $200.

See also: Fairy Tales, although it was “merely” R-rated.

1 Like

I cannot believe I have never actually watched this. Growing up in Central Florida in the 70s, I must have heard the cheesy radio commercial for Flesh Gordon at Fairvilla Twin Cinema a gazillion times, and yet I never took the opportunity!

The trailer looks awesome, so obviously I have to make up for lost time. Putting it on my list!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.