Watch the trailer for the movie-length Black Mirror movie airing tomorrow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/27/watch-the-trailer-for-the-movi.html

3 Likes

BandersnatchAdvert

6 Likes

Pour one out for old Black Mirror, another victim of Brand Creep.

Black Mirror’s shtick has always been bleak near-future what-if-ism. This is what? Psycho horror/supernaturalism with a veneer of Stranger Things 80’s nostalgia? Bah. And also, get off my lawn!

3 Likes

If this wasn’t from Black Mirror/Netflix I’d pass. But they have wowed me enough in the past that I’m willing to look past an uninspiring trailer.

5 Likes

Watch the trailer for the movie-length Black Mirror movie airing tomorrow

A movie-length movie, you say?

8 Likes

He means film.

3 Likes

Wait, a film-length movie or a movie-length film?

8 Likes

This wouldn’t be the first time Black Mirror told a story that started off appearing to be about 1980s nostalgia-based supernaturalism before a second-act reveal shifted gears into a near-future what-if-ism.

9 Likes

Point well taken.

5 Likes

Feature-length film. With sound. In colour!

2 Likes

So, a Motion Picture Event.

6 Likes

Let’s all go to the lobby, and get ourselves a treat.

9 Likes

mobile phone bad! Plus what if that creepy thing i read on the internet this week was a real creepy internet thing

4 Likes

Exactly where I landed. Trailer didn’t really engender any excitement in me other than some nostalgia for Frankie, but Black Mirror has been incredible good watching, so I’ll definitely check this out and see where they take it. I have a feeling the face of what we’ve been shown isn’t what the whole reality is (if it keeps with BM twists).

3 Likes

So far so good. Like playing “Total Recall” … Plenty of meta narrative. Nah sayers, just try again.

2 Likes

I really like the book prop with its Chris Foss cover.

p.s this all takes place in a ‘shared universe’ i guess, for no reason other than to encourage more reddit threads

Just my luck, a kindle fire wont run this particular episode. Cmon, Netflix, how hard can it be to program this?

(…and what format is it going to be downloaded in bittorrent?)

1 Like

I didn’t even know netflix could do interactive elements, in a browser sure but what if you’re playing this through a set-top box? Try it and see i guess.

ETA: Nope.

We watched it through last night… it was quite fun, and we plan to watch it again with different choices.