Watch the wonderfully creepy trailer for "I'm Thinking of Ending Things," the new film by Charlie Kaufman

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/07/watch-the-wonderfully-creepy-t.html

4 Likes

Delicious.

1 Like

The book was disturbing enough for me, thanks, but I must admit to being curious how they will they will translate this into a movie.

Great cast… Interesting that it looks like it might be 4:3 aspect ratio?

What a cast! Squirming with anticipation!

ETA: Plemmons was offbeat enough in both Fargo and Breaking Bad, but it will be especially thrilling if Thewlis tops the scary, creepy vibe he presented in the latest season of Fargo.

3 Likes

He was great
in “Naked,” that’s the one isn’t it?

This movie looks very much like
my idea of a good time.

1 Like

Ha! I recognized Toni Collette and Jesse Plemons, but for some reason I thought the dad was Ryan Stiles.
Small sample size, I guess.
PS - I’m already standing in line for tickets. 8 weeks in line is no big deal when there’s not much else to do…

1 Like

Worth noting: promo material for the film says it is “inspired by” the book, not “based on” it. Kaufman and cast have said he took liberties with the source material.

3 Likes

The fellow playing the boyfriend (Jesse Plemons) looks like a stand-in for a younger Philip Seymour Hoffman.

I’ll be hiding behind the couch if you need me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.