Watch the world's highest bungee jump by a car

Originally published at: Watch the world's highest bungee jump by a car - Boing Boing

4 Likes

Once again, I am forced to

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

9 Likes

One has to ask the question “Why?” It says more about the bungee cords than about the car. Did putting that much effort into a publicity stunt like this say anything laudable about the company? At this point, the Guinness Book of World Records is squarely aimed at six-year-olds. Don’t they have a policy now about promoting dangerous stunts? Maybe they’ve decided that they need to be Red Bull. Frankly, I’d rather own a car which won’t allow me to drive over a cliff under any circumstances.

5 Likes

Now do it with a Cybertruck!

10 Likes

“…for the attempt to be successful both car and rope had to remain intact…”

The driver? Mehhh!

Apparently 540ft, in a convertible, with a national sporting treasure.

4 Likes

A friend who was an avid skydiver (1000+ logged jumps) gave a firm Nope to bungee jumping in general. “If my main chute fails, I’ve got 20 to 30 seconds to cut free and deploy the reserve. That’s a lot of time. If the bungee cord fails, there’s no backup and I can see from the platform exactly which rock my head is going to hit.”

4 Likes

Big loud NOPE! Materials fail and even the greatest human engineers make mistakes. My mind would be filled with all of the things that could conceivably go wrong. I doubt if I could trust that bungee or extended crane with my own weight, even without the weight of the car.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.