Only minor injuries for driver whose car leaped an overpass ramp and flew through power lines

Originally published at: Only minor injuries for driver whose car leaped an overpass ramp and flew through power lines | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Goddamn! Modern car safety systems are miraculous.

39 Likes

I’m glad everyone is okay, but man was that an impressive launch.

18 Likes

They promised us flying cars…

But seriously, what happened here? Why is the car trailing clouds of smoke while still in the air?

12 Likes

Clouds of dust/dirt. It must have come up a dirt embankment.

EDIT: so the full story. Car involved with hit and run. Fleeing the scene of the accident, which had happened on highway 99. Heading south on E. Olstott road at excessive speed (witness said maybe 80-100 in a 25) sharp left curve, car kept going straight and ramped up and over Pease road.

Map of the area: Google Maps

Truck was coming up Onstott from bottom of the screen on E. Olstott.

23 Likes

My mom drove into the river in icy conditions once. She said if it wasn’t for a tv spot she’d seen, she would not have known what to do. Ice-cold water. One of her worst days ever.

15 Likes

After reading headline:

“Damn, that car should be severely disciplined!”

After reading @cepheus42 details:

“Poor car, driven by an asshole.”

15 Likes

Leave the high flying jumps to them Duke Boys.

7 Likes

flew BETWEEN Power Lines

14 Likes

front wheel drive typical understeer –– at high speed turn keeps going straight, in a moment off the pavement and then no hope of turning traction on the dirt - blast off.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Lisa Kudrow What GIF by The Comeback HBO

7 Likes

Nissan Send-tra

2 Likes

I think this may be the obligatory thing to post.

THIS is how you do it, boy.

16 Likes

I was thinking risky business …but heay

2 Likes

The swanee whistle is inherently silly. But most of the Roger Moore era Bond films traded on inherent silliness.
And, of course, there is ‘swanee kazoo’ the wonderfully silly ISIHAC game

9 Likes

“And now for my next magical trick.”

3 Likes

I for one will never do that, again.

9 Likes

Not everyone has a license to shrill.

13 Likes

So they call 911 but I don’t see anyone getting out of the truck to see if they can help? Is it just because the clip is so short, or are they monsters?

1 Like