Watch these AI creatures learn to play hide-and-seek

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/18/watch-these-ai-creatures-learn.html

1 Like

Spoiler: In the final round the hiders discovered late stage capitalism, gentrified the map, and after taking over the city council zoned the area to be a search free zone. The seekers attempted to protest these changes but without permits from the city council to protest, the hiders were able to easily jail the seekers. The end.

16 Likes

I wonder, given enough time, if the hider agents would get tired of standing in their improvised shelters and develop wearable chairs to help wait out the persistent seekers.

9 Likes

Meanwhile the seekers would develop exoskeletons enabling them to leap over obstacles and pick up very heavy blocks with super AI creature strength.

3 Likes

Isn’t hiding in a locked room cheating?

3 Likes

The AI are libertarians so anything goes as long as they win.

4 Likes

Great. Now Boston Dynamics will develop sneaky unstoppable bots.

2 Likes

I want to know more about how to use this “box surfing” technique

2 Likes

I know just the man for the job! (OK, he’s actually like half a dozen different guys, some of whom are clones of one another or something and there’s a lot of really confusing backstory; but it’s the box-adjacent-hiding expertise that really anchors the character.)

2 Likes

Will they dream?

2 Likes

are you from the future

3 Likes

I saw no imprisoning the seekers, which seems like a valid strategy

6 Likes

If they were a team, seekers could climb on each others shoulders and climb over obstacles.

Very artificial intelligence.

2 Likes

bob%20peck

1 Like

read this last night now I’m preparing for the future have nailed down all climbable furniture, and posted on craigslist for a room mate who is an avid team hider.

also dreamt of A.i enhanced zombies not fun .

1 Like

Yes, but only 12 hours. Before you ask. Still no flying cars and Trump is still in his mortal coil.

3 Likes

We’re the hiders locking the seekers out, or locking themselves in?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.