Watch these Chicago cops punish a 21-year-old Lyft driver because passenger taped cops being jerks

Or, you know, how Chris Rock started taking selfies of himself getting stopped by the cops – 3 times in less than 2 months – to draw attention to how much better it is for famous black men.

1 Like

I can’t see the photos; there’s like a hundred script sources on that site, and it loudly blares music at me every time I let one through. I gave up after a while, although I’d like to see them.

Anyway, I’m going to guess that you are posting to support my own posts, because I already know that Chris Rock doesn’t talk like an educated wall street insider, and I’m going to guess that he’s not wearing a tailored suit in any of those selfies. Am I right? That’s exactly what I’m talking about.

Edit: I started googling to try to find the photos… and apparently Mr. Rock drives like a maniac, and gets pulled over a lot for traffic violations? I don’t think we can validly use him as an example of anything but good policing, if the things he says about his own driving habits are actually true. Oh well… anyway, here’s a good link - no tie, no shave, thus supporting my point about structural racism… and it’s not impossible that he was pulled over for speeding, and because he is nearly rich and slightly famous he didn’t get charged with anything. I don’t know.

PS: I’m sorry we didn’t get to have lunch while I was in Chi-town but I very much enjoyed visiting. The Field Museum was excellent!

1 Like

If Chris Rock is the only maniac driver in the area, then being pulled over would be good policing. But traffic stops, like drug arrests, have a tendency to follow racial lines.

Anyway, he’s just one example of a huge problem. It’s easy to think that if non-whites put on expensive clothing and carry a briefcase they’re treated better, but that’s not how it works. It doesn’t make it any easier to hail a taxi, and the private bankers still start with the racist comments as soon the client leaves the meeting. It’s really sad how far we haven’t come.

The Field Museum is definitely worth visiting! Next time, try the Museum of Science and Industry. And that way we’ve got another shot at lunch.

2 Likes

U-Boat you get to walk through. Nuff said.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.