Watch these door-to-door missionaries get scared off by someone's gay doormat

Holy sheet!

7 Likes

Back in the 90’s, a friend of mine invited two Jehovah’s into the house, sat them on his sofa with a cup of tea each, and then resumed wallpapering.

It was his day off. Three hours later his wife returned from work and asked him “Who are these people?”
He replied “I thought they were friends of yours.”

Poor bastards had been sitting there for three hours, mostly ignored, tea unrefuelled. Not sure at what point they gave up talking to my friend, but they introduced themselves to his wife, who politely enough let them go on their way.

They were never bothered again.
I still call them the Jehovah-Kidnappers.

17 Likes

My aunt (wonderful soul) would grab an empty wine bottle as a prop and sway in the doorway saying “I’m schorry, I can’t come to door now. I’m … [thoughtful pause] cooking.” Particularly effective at 8:30 am.

10 Likes

That was not my experience. When I put up one of those signs, almost all door to door sales and proselytizing stopped. Went from 3-4 a week to maybe 1 per month.

8 Likes

It’s possible that there’s an escalation system, like for tech support.

The door-to-door mormon kids are very T1, cheap, numerous, and sincere; but recognize that ‘the gayest place in town’ is a “we’ll escalate your ticket to engineering” situation.

10 Likes

Great tips :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This one went over my head. I have visited Suthun Colifoniyah, and enjoyed an In and Out Burger, but why that would concern a Mormon is lost on me. Unless “In and Out Burger” is a euphemism.

2 Likes

The company was founded by mormons, and for the longest time, franchises were only given to other mormons.

The gov’t eventually forced them to hire POC, my BF at the time (early 90s) told me. Sure enough, over the two years I lived there we began to see POC working there.

2 Likes

That’s a great story about unwanted religious solicitors; kudos.

5 Likes

Seconded!

3 Likes

In fact the logo forms a cross from palm trees, and they still have Bible verses printed up under the roll-up rim of the cups. It’s all sorta creepy, but not enough so to keep me from eating there. :grimacing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.