Watch these people fight and spit on each other over spot in long gas pump line

Originally published at: Watch these people fight and spit on each other over spot in long gas pump line | Boing Boing

1 Like

Some must be truly desperate … and confused.

4 Likes

“North Carolina and several other states are facing a gas shortage stemming from a ransomware attack.”

From what I’ve heard the gas shortage actual stems from a perceived gas shortage stemming from a ransonware attack which is causing people to panic buy gas therefore creating the gas shortage they were concerned about that didn’t exist until they became concerned.

37 Likes

Gasoline is the new toilet paper.

23 Likes

Amateurs. Now this is a gas fight.

7 Likes

Interesting article on the effects of the ransomware attack-

The underlying issue may well be that there isn’t anything stopping the pipeline from working, but the entire system may be offline because the system that facilitates payment for the fuel is still down.

Therefore, it’s thrown into sharp relief that we don’t have a shortage, we have a company in the middle holding the supply hostage until they can make sure they get paid for it.

21 Likes

Folks have already gone off the deep end…

15 Likes

All these folks spitting in the middle of a pandemic like this seem like they would be the kind of folks that would totally pull a gun and fire it off had they been carrying.

19 Likes

Just don’t wipe your ass with it.

2 Likes

Bad enough that a major supplier of a utility we are stupidly dependent on got ransomwared like a bunch of chumps. Now watching people freak out about a perceived shortage that’s not a shortage yet but will be because they’re hoarding ups the ante.

Stop letting critical companies and suppliers self-monitor their security! There’s literally NO EXCUSE for this stuff to be happening on this scale in 2021 if anyone had the foggiest clue about cracking down on the insecure, cheap ass, don’t-fund-proper-IT shit that companies keep doing.

14 Likes

Just another day in good ole USA!

9 Likes

I like the older guy in the background just standing there watching, completely nonplussed about the whole thing.

I wonder if the douchebags who hate on electric cars simply as a matter of politics will change their tune.

2 Likes

It’s a hell of a solvent, though!

4 Likes

“And the man in the back said, “Everyone attack”
And it turned into a gas pump blitz
And the girl in the corner said, “Boy I want to warn you”
It’ll turn into a gas pump blitz
gas pump blitz, gas pump blitz, gas pump blitz, gas pump blitz”

20 Likes

Cackalacky, represent!

If the last year and a bit has taught me anything, it’s that just-in-time logistics work really well most of the time, but when they fail they fail especially spectacularly thanks to panic buying feedback loops.

15 Likes

I saw several gas stations today that were closed or had their gas pumps off due to this situation. :woman_shrugging: Did not see any lines, though at gas stations that were open. I do believe the ones I saw that were closed were all shell stations, but I’m not certain on that.

8 Likes

So, bidets? Astringent, flammable bidets?
Nope nope nope.

Exactly!

Oh, no. Now I have the scene from Zoolander stuck in my head. You know the one…

7 Likes

And it only took a couple of days to devolve into animal tantrums

1 Like

I’ve seen this movie.

8 Likes